Citroen C2 Dashboard Removal

robert22

Tadpole
hello people.... i have recently purchased a citroen c2 and i am just curious as to how am i supposed to remove parts of my dashboard to install new speakers and change the globes in the dials.

if anyone can get back to me with this information i will be very grateful thankyou :) :)

Noone on here I think Is really keen to go ripping bits of their C2 or C3 dashboards out. I have often wondered about the radio though and what happens if you want to install other speakers or audio. I would advise against riping dashboards out i think....:2cents:

Hello Robert 22

Greetings

I agree with Daniel...I have a C2 as well, and the thought of removing the dash board quite daunts me. Like you, I am thinking of replacing the stock speakers. :eek: I can just see myself doing something terminally wrong back there! :nownow:

My thoughts are that I am going to quiz the Service Manager at Citroen Melbourne to find out if they have any recommendations for a good car audio installer that can do the job. :)

What do you think of your C2? I have had mine for nearly a year now, and think that it is absolutely great!

Cheers

Nil Time said:
Greetings

I agree with Daniel...I have a C2 as well, and the thought of removing the dash board quite daunts me. Like you, I am thinking of replacing the stock speakers. :eek: I can just see myself doing something terminally wrong back there! :nownow:

My thoughts are that I am going to quiz the Service Manager at Citroen Melbourne to find out if they have any recommendations for a good car audio installer that can do the job. :)

What do you think of your C2? I have had mine for nearly a year now, and think that it is absolutely great!

Cheers

hey there... so far the car is beautiful and i wouldnt change it for the world, but! nothing in this world is perfect and the senso drive gear box can be very annoying at times

Tony good to hear your car is going great guns. Glad your enjoying it. :D
I wish we got the ministry of sound version here though. That would have been something. :2cents:

danielsydney said:
I wish we got the ministry of sound version here though. That would have been something. :2cents:
Indeed, you may remember I did a post about that some while back, and a link to the Citroen UK web page showing the 2 versions of that car.
john s

Wish List

danielsydney said:
Hello Daniel - yep, I have just clicked over 23000 km, and it just seems to get better each time I drive it.

Whilst we are wishing for stuff...the MOS car looks good...but I think the C2 VTS, with the uprated engine would be lovely...but if I had the magic wand, the C2 VTS with the uprated engine...and SENSODRIVE... would be rather special, I think :evil:

Cheers

There is no need to remove the dash to remove the tweeters, just pry the grill up. If you are installing component speakers, good luck! You’ll need to find a place to install the crossover and run wires back to the tweeter and/or door speaker. I have changed the front (door) and rear speakers and in my opinion it makes quite a difference. The main problem with the Harmon-Becker OEM speakers is the “muddy” low end (or perhaps they are just sh!t). Oh, and if you like doof doof music, you need to buy a Commodore first :D . You can change the head unit but most of them are not compatible with the stalk controls. Either way you WILL need a power lead adaptor.
Is far as I can see the only illumination that might NOT be LED’s are the indicator and warning lamps. The back plane for all the instrumentation and lighting for the tacho are LED’s.
Rear brakes “howl” yet? :rolleyes:
Nil Time, I don’t think the vts engine is as good as it looks on paper. They have re cammed it to move the torque curve further up the rev range and moved the rev limiter up as well. That means it will be sluggish around town and wont “go” ‘till you rev the guts out of it! :2cents:

Speaker change

Hello OzVTR - I appreciate your comments on the VTS...and I suspect that you are right...one of the things I like about the VTR is the punchy mid range out of corners.

Was it hard to replace your door and rear speakers? I would like to do the same. What sort of speakers did you replace them with?

Cheers,

Sorry I didn’t reply, I’ve been away for the weekend.
The major problem is whether you are willing to cut the electrical connectors to the speaker. If you don’t want to cut the connector and crimp on spade connections you’ll have to obtain an adaptor from the UK. Being the guy who likes to do things the hard way I obtained the adaptors from the UK (I have an aversion to hacking up my car). The next problem is the speakers are pop riveted in and I recommend you pop rivet the new speakers in too. The third problem is, the rear speakers are behind the rear panels and you have to remove the whole panel. The good news (yes there is some good news) that while removing the panel is fiddly, it is fairly simple. The door speaker covers just pop off.
I am actually trying to write a “how to” for the UK C2club. I just have to FTP the pictures to my web space. So keep an eye on - http://c2club.co.uk/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=9

The speakers I installed are Clarions’. SRR1325 (rear) and SRR1725 (front).

Last edited: