Citroen BX not starting

Did you find a definitive fault? Nice work!
We had replaced the old ecu with a new one because the old ecu had some corrosion. That didn't resolve the issue. We then removed the old chip from the old ecu and swapped it on the new ecu and hey presto, all awesome.

Nice, standard you would have had a 158 ecu, and your new one was a 16something?. So makes sense 🙂

Nice, standard you would have had a 158 ecu, and your new one was a 16something?. So makes sense 🙂
Well I purchased the exact same ecu with the same numbers as the old one. So it was quite frustrating that it didn't resolve the issue. But all good now. 😀

Gday Sohan,
I think I’m the new owner of your lovely Citroen. Found you here through a friend of mine. If we have any issue, I’ll be sure to ask.
I hope all is well?!
Michael.

Congratulations Michael, I'm sad to sell it, but I've just got too many cars. The last work on the car was conducted in early March this year by Ian Steele.

Thanks mate. I still haven’t driven yet. Still waiting for it to be delivered. Any issues or items that need attending??
I have Jags, first Citroen. I’ll let you know once we have it. I was going to remove the stickers, I hope you don’t mind. Would you have the original wheels? Cheers, Michael.

Unfortunately no original wheels. This is how I bought it. Its yours now, you can do whatever you want, I like the stickers, it have the car a more aggressive look in my opinion. Nothing needs going at present, all leaks and other stuff have been attended to. I'm just bought a XJS V12 convertible. Which state are you in?

Unfortunately no original wheels. This is how I bought it. Its yours now, you can do whatever you want, I like the stickers, it have the car a more aggressive look in my opinion. Nothing needs going at present, all leaks and other stuff have been attended to. I'm just bought a XJS V12 convertible. Which state are you in?
Gday again mate,
Car finally arrived. Couple of Qs,
No radio?
No plates?
And a warning light left of the taco,
Any clues?
Also it mentioned a complete history in the add, where is this info?
Cheers,
Michael.

Hi,

Plates not included with the car as car is sold deregistered.

Radio was removed before putting up for auction.

No warning lights when given to lloyds.

History and receipts were given to lloyds.

Regards.

Hey Michael, do you have a photo of the light that is illuminated? What Colour? The yellow ABS light is pretty common unfortunately. Anything else should be curable with a fluid top up.

Thanks Dave. It’s the engine autodiagnostic lamp. I’ve tried to send a photo but saying file to big.
Appreciate your help.

Thanks Dave. It’s the engine autodiagnostic lamp. I’ve tried to send a photo but saying file to big.
Appreciate your help.
Ahh there is a process to short a diagnostic wire to ground and read the codes via the blinking k light on the dash.

Having trouble searching for it on phone but will look harder on PC later. Some of the good resources on the web have disappeared over the last decade. @Ken W do you have it saved anywhere?

Ahh there is a process to short a diagnostic wire to ground and read the codes via the blinking k light on the dash.

Having trouble searching for it on phone but will look harder on PC later. Some of the good resources on the web have disappeared over the last decade. @Ken W do you have it saved anywhere?
👍👍

Closest I could find at the moment. From memory in my previous Bx dad wired me a little red button into the lower right dash so I could do all this sitting in the comfort of the drivers seat at any time.

Touch wood my current Bx has never thrown me a code.

7FF9FD55-6342-4D2C-B7FD-F40151A0151C.jpeg

This is the plug you are looking for near the drivers suspension sphere.

sorry to annoy you again Dave, but wondering if the brake pedal should hard to push down on?! The car seems to stop ok, so not sure?
Thanks again.