Cit Forum? May be good, may be bad

UFO

Citroën Tragic
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I am doing a major synchronisation of the CCC of NSW Web pages. The forum is off line at present, and I dread I may have killed it. Time will tell.

I hope the internet gurus are smiling at me tonight.:cry:

I too noticed it was dead about 10 mins ago :blackeye:
Good luck :wink2:

Dave

UFO said:
I am doing a major synchronisation of the CCC of NSW Web pages. The forum is off line at present, and I dread I may have killed it. Time will tell.

I hope the internet gurus are smiling at me tonight.:cry:

Shouldn't be a problem Craig, you will of course (being an IT Tech) have taken a full backup before you blundered in..... you did didn't you?? :eek:

Cheeky
Chris

GreenBlood said:
Shouldn't be a problem Craig, you will of course (being an IT Tech) have taken a full backup before you blundered in..... you did didn't you?? :eek:

Cheeky
Chris

it's the IT techs that generally don't make backups :roflmao: :roflmao:

As if any of us would admit to working in IT :nownow:

Dave

Dave said:
As if any of us would admit to working in IT :nownow:

Dave

With your emphasis being on the word working or IT?

Oh, and of course I took a backup before hand. I have to reverse the XM into the carport so I can get out.:rolleyes:

Oh, you didn't mean that type of backup did you....

You don't want to know the real answer. But let's say that there should be no difference as {insert excuse here}

That's one thing I learnt when we lost our 2 weeks worth of AF data last year. I back up regularly now & this time it has contributed to going over my 10gig p/m limit, so back to 28k 'til Friday :(

gibgib said:
That's one thing I learnt when we lost our 2 weeks worth of AF data last year. I back up regularly now & this time it has contributed to going over my 10gig p/m limit, so back to 28k 'til Friday :(

oh how lucky i feel not having a limit :D

All is not lost. Lloyd (the real guru behind the CCC of NSW Website) did some changes yesterday and HE had a backup (as he always does).

Anyway, the database was still there, it was only the frontpage sync that had killed the http related folder for the forum.

All I can say is:

PHEW!:cheers:

All will be OK again soon.

UFO said:
All is not lost. Lloyd (the real guru behind the CCC of NSW Website) did some changes yesterday and HE had a backup (as he always does).

Anyway, the database was still there, it was only the frontpage sync that had killed the http related folder for the forum.

All I can say is:

PHEW!:cheers:

All will be OK again soon.

Well done Craig (and Lloyd of course).... wonder if the real IT guru also taped Blue Heelers... if so we might keep him :clown:

By the way I was looking over the NSWCCC site today, looking very nice, good work accolades to those involved.

Cheers
Chris

Backup ???? :confused: Electricians don't turn off the power, surgeons work with the motor running ... nothing like working with a live production system, keeps the reflexes going :) ... hahahaha

- xTc -

(tell me you had a backup ? please ?)

XTC said:
Backup ???? :confused: Electricians don't turn off the power, surgeons work with the motor running ... nothing like working with a live production system, keeps the reflexes going :) ... hahahaha

- xTc -

Yes, an offsite backup. Well the server's in Victoria, I'm in Mt Kembla and the web admin is in the Blue Mountains - that's where the backup is. So, yep, we're away again.

XTC said:

- xTc -

Try it by remote, without being able to see the result... still got pictures exxy? :wink2:

whitegoshawk (somewhere in the world its midnight right now)

Craig this is why you are President of the NSWCCC then? Good work keep it up boy.....:roflmao: :roflmao: