Christian's R10S

I managed to make a heater matrix from a copper computer radiator, may not be very effective but should be good enough to get the car passed.

The fuel tank is in. It always takes longer then you think it will, like the little block holding the AN bulkheads on the floor. The aluminium support at the front has 4 M8 bolts holding it down with plates under the sheet metal. Likewise with the rear strap mounts but those plates ended up inside the car, pretty sure it's not going to come out in a crash the rest of the car will survive. Next is the fuel lines that go to the back of the car.

It may not be a race car but why not make it look like one anyway.

Attachments

• PXL_20240218_052912679_copy_1024x771.jpg
    PXL_20240218_052912679_copy_1024x771.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The fuel tank is in. It always takes longer then you think it will, like the little block holding the AN bulkheads on the floor. The aluminium support at the front has 4 M8 bolts holding it down with plates under the sheet metal. Likewise with the rear strap mounts but those plates ended up inside the car, pretty sure it's not going to come out in a crash the rest of the car will survive. Next is the fuel lines that go to the back of the car.

It may not be a race car but why not make it look like one anyway.
Very neat. :) I took a similar path in plywood to put in toolbox, spares, rags, wooden block for the jack, decent spanner for the wheel nuts etc. It tidied up the boot no end!

With the front mounted fuel tank in my 4CV, I had to put a "dam" around the filler and that needed a drain to the exterior of the vehicle. Might have been the engineer I had to go through rather than an ADR that needed to be fulfilled.

I do need to put a drip tray in. It was just going to be annoying to have it welded on so I'll roll a cone and just glue it on.

I haven’t got a copy of the vehicle stds anymore as they went with the car, but I seem to recall Ben saying it had to have a spill guard as Aln mentioned, and 100mm clearance all the way around.

looks good though.
KB

The 100mm clearance is for all external fixed panels. That is why it is set in from the sides, I did ask if this included wheel arches. I'm pretty sure the floor doesn't count. I never asked if the bonnet counted, I guess time will tell.