Cheap Current Renaults

Pug307

Sense
Fellow Frogger
Just looking at Saturday Drive in yesterday's Age, Renaults are going quite cheap.

Demo Lagunas from sub $30k (I hope this is the 2.0 Expression, even so that's massive depreciation and great value :) ), Clio Expression demos at $14,990.

These prices basically represent 25% off list price. Some good deals to be had, but I suspect Renault needs some help in moving cars.

Peugeot don't really have any current major promotions. Citroen is giving away a Tungsten E Palm Pilot and a five-stacker CD system with C3s until the end of November. I believe the C5 V6 will now have a video screen too.

Wow!

Which dealer?

I wonder if they could possible be linked to being rental cars?

This is not good if Renaults are depreciating badly...anything to do with Aussie dollars?

These are all at Melbourne dealers and I see these prices regularly.

The $14,990 Clio Expression is a dealer demo - $5k off.

Lagunas have terrible depreciation based on what I'm seeing. I wonder if the dealers are getting factory rebates of some sort.

The $29,898 Laguna is an ex factory car at Garry Warren Smith. This dealer is giving away a home entertainment system (51cm TV & 5.1 (incl. sub) Sony Dolby Digital surround system) with every new & used Renault sold there.

Here are a few prices for demos at Max Kirwan

Laguna Expression 2.0A $31,990 - $10k off.
Laguna Privilege 3.0A - $39,990 - $12k off.
Laguna Privilege LX 3.0A - $43,990 - $14k off.

How do prices up in SYD compare?

god those prices are incredible wonder if they are that price in sydney?
theres some massive savings there... :confused:

I don't think any dealers in Syd are offering anywhere near those prices.

Any prices on used/demo RCS's?

Justin......I'll be down there this weekend for the opening of the new Flinders St office, we'll have to catch up.

<small>[ 26 October 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: macquered ]</small>

Prices on the Clio Sport are a little more boring, the two demos I saw were $30k & $34k.

Yeh, the used price of Renaults seem to take a battering, in the paper i have seen scenics for low 20's and a cliosport 02 model for 24k. With these cars having around 1-2 years of warranty left they seem to be good value- I dont know why they are being sold so early!

Cya Stalled

They have been advertising 7 clio's here in adelaide papers for months, i swear! $14,990. When my old man enquired about the depreciation of his new expression they assured him they were all ex-hire cars.

(but i always thought hire cars were auctioned?)

LeighO:

(but i always thought hire cars were auctioned?)
Likely so, but I suppose the dealers get first pick on the good ones. If wholesaled through auctions all sorts of nasty things could happen to resale values. Selling them through the main (or associated) dealer is likely a form of price control.

Imagine the buyer (or dealer) saying "why buy an ex-rental when I can have a new one for "only" $19,990". Incidently Renault Australia of old did the same thing with the old Kays Rent-A-Car 10's 12's and 16's, reconditioned them and sold them through the dealers.

The ex-rentals are easy to pick, 12-18mths old with 45-50,000k's on the clock.

<small>[ 29 October 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Simon ]</small>

They commonly have red dirt/mud splashes along the floorpan, too, and are scratched under the front spoiler/bumper from careless parking.

The Clio I drove at Giant's fitted the mould; '02, 43,000km, white, some interior damage, muddy splashes along the floorpan, badly damaged plastic edge under the front bumper. The salesman denied it first, but when I tooted up the evidence to him, he folded and advised that they were Budget cars from the East. Oh, and same price, $14,990.

Stuey

Nah, sorry it wasnt me. Ive seen some werid coloured clio's going around. Bright Red and a Non Metallic Purple, they dont seem to be on the colour sheets. Same with the Scenic- Seen a Purple example (1.6) and a Chartruse (Spelling) coloured one!

Cya Stalled

Stuey:
They commonly have red dirt/mud splashes along the floorpan, too, and are scratched under the front spoiler/bumper from careless parking.

The Clio I drove at Giant's fitted the mould; '02, 43,000km, white, some interior damage, muddy splashes along the floorpan, badly damaged plastic edge under the front bumper. The salesman denied it first, but when I tooted up the evidence to him, he folded and advised that they were Budget cars from the East. Oh, and same price, $14,990.

Stuey
I would be careful of ex rentals - I was passed by a Vic rego Scenic on the Nullaboor drive, loaded to the gills, almost dragging its rear bumper :D doing a sustained 130 kph. Spoke to the driver in Eucla (it was the only vic rego reno i'd seen out there in the middle of nowhere) and he and his family were tourists, flogging this poor renta reno all around the country. It would have been well hammered.

STALLED:
Nah, sorry it wasnt me. Ive seen some werid coloured clio's going around. Bright Red and a Non Metallic Purple, they dont seem to be on the colour sheets. Same with the Scenic- Seen a Purple example (1.6) and a Chartruse (Spelling) coloured one!

Cya Stalled
Just thought it might have been...the guy had a Clio Sport same colour as your avatar...seemed well pleased about the site's existence.

Nah, i dont own one just a huge fan of French cars and Cliosports!

BTW were the batch of Series one Cliosports imported in 01 Cliosport RS's? I havent had the oppotunity to see one up close and look at the specs!

Cya Stalled