Changing a PCV valve on Peugeot 308

esj

Tadpole
can you change the PCV valve on a 2010 Peugeot 308 1.6 16V without changing the whole rocker cover? Anyone know where to get a valve from? Google searches have been unsuccessful so far.

Thanks

esj

Do you mean one of the internal valves in the oil separator? They are integral with the cam cover.

Hi seasink

Yes it makes a creeking noise when the car is started. Once at operating temp it stops. Seems I have to replace the whole cam cover though

can you change the PCV valve on a 2010 Peugeot 308 1.6 16V without changing the whole rocker cover? Anyone know where to get a valve from? Google searches have been unsuccessful so far.

Thanks

esj
hi could u tell me did u get problem fixed without changing whole cover please,thank u

Whole VC replacement is required, plenty on the market around $100 so you dont have to break the bank buying a genuine. simple tools required and a small amount of gasket maker in the corners.

instructions here - https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...acement/81-ENGINE-Valve_Cover_Replacement.htm

There are several variations on the market - https://www.machter.com.au/~30296?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqrnIgPCB-wIVzQRyCh2UpACjEAQYASABEgJMkvD_BwE

These VC differ from the older Mk1 308 which has a different diameter pipe fitting from VC to turbo inlet pipe, you may need to change yours to suit 22mm come to mind

thank u i had look on ebay and the cover doesn't even look like it has a pcv valve on it i not really sure what it looks like thou,thank u for your help

The vapour trap looks like this when broken open.

deshuileur.jpg

What are the symptoms?
slight tapper noise blows abit of smoke and noise when first started for first minute and i think turbo not working at full max but car and motor drives pretty good cant remove oil filler cap with really pulling upwards hard on it when motor running so has been diagonised with faulty pcv valve .thank u