CCCQ 50th Anniversary of the launch of the SM & GS Run, 24/10/2020

Bruce H

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Please join us in any model Citroen for a short run (approx. 15 kilometres) and b.y.o. picnic to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the launch of two great Citroen models, the SM & the GS.

WHEN: Saturday 24th October, 2020. Congregate at the start point at 11.30am for a midday departure.
WHERE: Depart the Grange, between the parks at the western end of Sellheim Street. Finish at Einbunpin Lagoon Park, Sandgate. The initial plan is to use the Brighton Road carpark, however this is possibly still being used by market people, in which case if our numbers require we will park in Keogh Street near the Magistrates Court / RSL building. The park has some shade trees and limited undercover areas (the club has NOT booked the rotunda), toilets, is opposite shops and the Coffee Club.
Please b.y.o. seating and picnic supplies.

Please contact me here if you are intending to attend (if you have not already replied via the car club’s members email).

We hope to see you there!

A great outing, if I say so myself
🙂
. Two beautiful SM’s; three GS’s; one stunning Traction on the run with an equally stylish one joining us at the picnic; a jazzy 2CV Charleston; two swish DS5’s; is it eye-catching C4 Cactii when there’s two of them; an Exclusive Xantia; and a svelte C5 X7 wagon, with another immaculate C5 joining to see us off on the run.
The GS’s encompassed the whole spectrum of types of usage - though all owned by their current owners for decades - a daily driver Pallas that is currently one of the youngest GS‘s on the Australian Citroen GS/A Register, my club registered Club Estate, and a one owner Club out of the garage for it’s first major run in 9 years.
Fortunately the rain held off long enough for us to enjoy lunch watched by the turtles at Einbunpin Lagoon. Unfortunately I didn’t get any photos as I was too busy catching up with club friends.
Thanks all for joining and making the day a joyful success.

Last edited: