Car transport Perth to Melbourne.

pottsy

Citroen Loony & BMC Nutter.
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
A Mate is in the process of buying a car from Perth. For a lot of reasons a road trip is out of the question.

I'm aware that there have been a variety of comments on this topic over the years, both positive and negative.

Anyone care to recommend a reputable service for him to approach?

Car will ideally be driveable on and off a truck or trailer, just not up to a long drive across the continent.

Cheers, Pottsy

A Mate is in the process of buying a car from Perth. For a lot of reasons a road trip is out of the question.

I'm aware that there have been a variety of comments on this topic over the years, both positive and negative.

Anyone care to recommend a reputable service for him to approach?

Car will ideally be driveable on and off a truck or trailer, just not up to a long drive across the continent.

Cheers, Pottsy
I brought a car from Perth to Canberra late last year with no issues. The advice I was given was go with one of the big carriers. I got online quotes from a number and went with Prixcar, a Toll based company. Although not the defining factor the bigger companies were cheaper as well. It all worked fine and the car was delivered in perfect condition on time.

Seems to me that problems are more likely to occur for earlier hydraulic Citroens that sink and lose brake pressure while sitting on the truck. The drivers seem unable to read signs pasted to steering wheels etc. pleading with them to start the engine before unloading.

End result - damage underneath (eg. exhaust ripped off) then rear damage when the car collides with something when unloaded because it doesn't have any brakes.

Cars with conventional suspension and brakes, and later Citroens with anti-sink and plenty of pressure in the brale accumulator should be at less risk...