Car stands that move?

Bowie, if you’re getting a welder just get some 20-25mm SHS lengths and dolly wheels and make your own. Measure them up for length and width so the tyres sit nicely in the rectangular frame but allow the tyre to sit high enough off the ground to not catch or drag. I used the dolly wheels that have a threaded centre stem and put nylon nuts on top. I’ll see if I can find some pics.

I’ve also built a series of stands over the years to support and move cars around.
They do look good - and simple - and cheap!
They look fairly high, are they like that to work under them, and do you just jack up one wheel at a time, or front and rear both wheels?
To just move a car around, it would be easy to make a lower set of course, it's a good idea all round.

Reactions: COL
Fordman. I mainly use them for immobile vehicles. The wheels were free, so that’s what I used. The bigger stand in the third pic was for mounting a bodyshell on and was designed to give room underneath.

Fordman. I mainly use them for immobile vehicles. The wheels were free, so that’s what I used. The bigger stand in the third pic was for mounting a bodyshell on and was designed to give room underneath.
OK, so the one in the third pic is big enough to support the whole body shell and you can work around it, good one. I thought it was one of four without realizing the scale compared to the other 2 pics, and thought you must have had a very high lift jack!
Cheers.