Car Lifting Alternatives

G'day Shane,

here's the engine barrow....
View attachment 129233

View attachment 129234

View attachment 129235

total length is 5-6 feet, and, looking at it now, a tad over-engineered I think... :)

This worked really well, made to get a Triumph 2000 motor and gearbox assembly back in place - from underneath.

cheers,
Bob
That would work ..... I'd just need much bigger wheels (probably with pneumatic tyres). Your still going to have a bugger of a time getting the motor/gearbox on and off it though :)

you can run your wheels on planks, like a railway, or plywood, to get a big load over soft soil. Motor/gearbox assy would have been wiggled aboard the barrow back then - it's amazing the mass one can move about with blocks of wood and planks. I did have a chain block, but I don't reckon I would have trusted the garage roof - and dad had big boots to kick me with.... :) maybe I propped the roof, too long ago... :)
cheers,
Bob

The original non-mechanised mining railways ran on wooden planks. Miners pushed the trucks even uphill. I have put an engine and transmission onto a home-made samson and pushed it up a steep hill.

My foolproof planks had a job this non-wet weekend. I did an oil change on a C4 outside, and used a 50mm lift to get up onto some Stanfred ramps. I only needed the ramps to get the !@#$ undertray fixings off.