Canberra French Car Day, Saturday November 2

renweave

Fellow Frogger
FCD 2019 (1).jpg

Canberra French Car Day is on Saturday Nov 2 from 2.30pm in conjunction with Telopea Park School French fete in Manuka. See flyer for details. All French cars, motorcycles and bicycles welcome to display.

Attention:

I have just been alerted to an earlier start time for the Telopea School Fete, so Canberra French Car Day will also start at the earlier time of noon on Saturday 2 November.

Yuo guys use the site to advertise your affaire, BUT no pictures Yet ?????

You all old fogies who don't have cameras or modern phones ??????

Don't think a good enough answer, and the PMs and likes I have tend to agree .......

Hey Lisa, Thanks for the advice about the event, and for the follow-up pics.

Ray, I’m not too sure what your standard of what’s ‘good enough’ are, but try to keep things civil.

They are on our club Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/RenaultOwnersClubCanberraassn/

too many social media platforms to maintain

Hey Lisa, Thanks for the advice about the event, and for the follow-up pics.

Ray, I’m not too sure what your standard of what’s ‘good enough’ are, but try to keep things civil.

Thing is guys, that Facebook only teases us with a brief view of a few photos, quickly obscured by an oversize login demand.

Those of us that choose not to have Facebook accounts are not just grumpy old dinosaurs who don't know how to use social media, but wise and cautious Internet users who are aware of the risks Facebook poses to privacy, and have an objection to contributing to the profits of an excessively powerful, and largely unregulated, American company.

As a potential future Canberra resident (I have 2 sons who are resident in and around Canberra), I am definitely interested in learning a bit about the Canberra French car scene. Would have loved to attend the day, but it was not possible.

Cheers

Alec

At the moment there is a Renault and a Peugeot club in the ACT but we are in the process of merging due to falling numbers in both clubs. There hasn't been an active Citroen club for many years but they join us on our social outings. The new French car club in Canberra will be open to all French car owners and enthusiasts. We will keep you posted about developments, both here and via other social media platforms.

The issue is, here as elsewhere, a generational one. Younger car enthusiasts seem to prefer online ‘clubs’ via forums or other social media; indeed, I’ve noticed Millennials are not even all that enthused by forums, preferring Facebook groups, Instagram, and, more frequently, Messenger and WhatsApp groups.

I suspect if the face-to-face clubs wish to avoid a slow demise, they will need to embrace a wide range of these social media to engage and encourage participation.

Hey Alec, it will be good to see more French Cars and car people in Canberra. Welcome aboard!

I guess I was concerned that someone’s efforts to share were deemed ‘not good enough’ by another member.

I think we all agree there can be too many social platforms - including aussiefrogs and Facebook and ... and.... - and its a challenge to keep up.

The newly proposed Canberra French Car Club is being proposed with broad inclusion at its base:
old cars, new cars, no cars, any French marque, face to face, online, drives, displays, whatever people want to organise and participate in.

We can thanks a couple of the ‘usual hardworking people’ driving this for the benefit us all.

This isn’t really the thread to talk about it, but I’m sure participation, interest and volunteers will be very welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

For those of us with "classic cars" who have them registered on various forms of concessional registration we are required to belong to a car club which is affiliated with the state council of car clubs. So we need to keep the traditional car clubs going to comply with the regulations.