Cam Kits

Reno

Fellow Frogger
Ok i have sourced a cams for my car, just wondering wheather or not it will be worth it or not....

i will use it with a chip eventually, i already have Cold air induction and an exhaust. if i decided to go ahead with the cams and get the chip, i would also get some extracors made...

the output is 15BHP from the manufacturer's specs( not alot i know)... the cam's are Piper Cams, which seem to be quite reputable.

how much do usual cams cost?

this is about $1100+ shipping :rolleyes:

Also is the Xsara VTR 1.6L motor the same as a Saxo VTS???

cheers

Julian

<small>[ 04 July 2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Xsara ]</small>

Julian. Waste of money going for piper cams. You may get slugged import duty as well. Get yours reground for stacks less, and spend the remaining money on head work which you will need to make the most of the cams. Porting, combustion chamber shaping and maybe valves (inlet only). If you are pulling off the cams, you may as well get the head done anyway. Is there sufficient lift in these cams to require new valve springs? If there is not you should cam up until you need them, as lift is just as important as duration. Speak to the local cam guy, or speak to Wade's in Melbourne. If the standard headers (extractors)are like a 205 Gti's dont bother changing it. I just cant remember what the headers look like on a 1.6, but Peugeot share a few bits between cars. Don't waste money on a chip. Buy me some chips instead(Chicken please) and I will cast a magic spell on your car. Just as useful.
I sound like a broken record, but read <a href="http://www.pumaracing.co.uk" target="_blank">www.pumaracing.co.uk</a> and learn about spending your money wisely.
Good luck.

WARWICK!!! Where in the canal have you been man?? It's been 6 months since your last confession.... hahaaaa.