Cals Cars

Great to see it back, loving the look of the s1 dash switches. I tried to do the same thing, but I left the heater controls so it doesn’t look anywhere near as clean.

Might have to get a bit more safety kit and see what this “rallycross” is about.
Got something to bring out for Graham’s Autocross Tour late September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty convinced on losing the heater unit, its massive and de complicates. Though, I do have the heated screen.

The White car will be there for sure!

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Things learnt from the day,
Spare plugs, I missed the first few rounds as the plugs had fouled and I didn't have any spares, lucky there was a Repco in Moe 15 mins away.
Throttle control is going to be a critical element to getting the best out of this car, it is extraordinarily responsive coming off the gas, I'm sure this will come with time.
Way way more brakes, I was extraordinarily conservative, getting on the brakes and off the power way before I needed to.
Seating position, Seat and peddles feel good but the wheel is floating up in the middle of nowhere, needs to come down, out and a smaller radius.

All in all, both cars did very well, placing middle of the field, for our first time at Haunted Hills and being Sean and I's first tarmac event

So now a bolt check and go over, and I'll be on the look out for some sprint days

Had the hill climb today and threw together a couple of clips -

https://youtu.be/alSC4mke5fQ

A second and a Half on the short track, Red car 44:17 White 45:72.

I'm not sure there was much left in the SI, but there was a hell of a lot to make up in the GTI, my times where dropping consistently throughout the day as i was getting familiar with it, as it was the first time really driving it.

With another few events coming up i have been back at it preparing the cars, yes, plural.

Now that i am looking out for more tarmac stuff for the Red car, I figure i may as well bring along the White one, not sure what it is with that colour combo, Parry? Michael?

So first up on the 22nd the HSCCV are hosting a sprint at Sandown, this will be a great event for us, the track is only a 20min drive from home and there are instructors available throughout the day which will be helpful.

So the white car finally received its matching GTI rear end, gone is the old SI bars, mounts, arms and drums and in with solid mounts, full set of GTI bars, new seals, bearings, and 306 arms and disk brakes, a set of Billies Graham had on the self also have had some new brake lines made up to suit.
Now back to where it was when I originally bought it, with a couple of extra nice bits.
This car will be in GrahamW's Autocross tour the next weekend also, so its going to be a rough period for the little battler!
Sean will be Navigating again, HOPEFULLY, he will be able to keep his stomach down, I've bought another openface brain bucket with an inbuilt headset and a intercom for the car, so it should be a little easier and less stressful in the car.

The Red car is waiting for the hoist, over the weekend i'll give it a bolt check, a couple small things where picked up at scrutiny at the Hill climb, a + terminal cover, tow and battery markings so they will be done, also going to space down the wheel and put a dished smaller unit in to suit the seating position a little better.

My Old Man has decided to bring along his own car, his C63 Merc, so cant wait to see the times between the 3 cars :evil:

A couple from the Bryant Park event from Spinmedia
3bb533df58984765c1d9a2aa5351c635.jpg
f695d30233a2fa870dc226c8177828f3.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk