Cable Time in a 205

Scotchopper

Fellow Frogger
For those who have upgraded their ICE in a 205, I'm trying to work out the length of cable I need. From HU to amp (in hatch) I figure I need 4 metres (RCAs & remote wire) but no one sells this length so I have to get 5m. Stinger sells a RCA pack with 3.7m - will this be enough? From the amp to the speakers (in factory position) will 4m be enough?

I know the rule of "Better to have too much cable than not enough", but I've already blown the budget and the Stinger 3.7m RCAs are considerably cheaper than 5m.

What type of fuse holder did you use? Were you able to connect straight onto the -ve battery terminal or did you have to get a fuse holder with two connection points?

You may need the 5m RCA as the 3m just does'nt quite reach. Get a length of string and run it along the path you plan to run the cable and see how long it is, the 3.7m might be just enough, my RCA is run down the drivers side by the sill and under the rear seats into the boot. I bought an in-line fuse holder from Motoquipe and mounted onto the metal bracket that holds the battery in and ran a 4g power cable through a grommet in the firewall on the passenger side and under the carpet along the sill and into the hatch.