C6 Citroen

Alwyn Noseda

Tadpole
I have just purchased a C6 Citroen, 2.7 Ltr turbo diesel.
I have noticed the 6th gear in the automatic box does not come into play until about 97-100 kms. Is this normal? Its not causing me any trouble. Tadpole

Hi Alwyn,

My C5 changes into 6th at about 80km/hr so I suppose that is not too different considering the types of car.

Are you running the gearbox in sports mode?

Cheers, Ken

Last edited:
G'day Alwyn,

My C6 (same spec), goes into 6th at about 97km/h as well. I haven't thought much of it and as for you, it hasn't caused me any trouble.

My C5 (2010 2.0 HDi), like Ken's, goes into 6th at about 80-something km/h. I haven't yet observed it as precisely.

I also haven't observed with any real detail what happens in Sport mode, other than to have seen that the tendency is for both cars to hold the gears longer (quite often too long for exactly what I want at the time).

In both cars, but maybe moreso in the C6, I've learnt that as good as the autos are on most roads, gradients etc., sometimes there's just no substitute for driving it manually and having it in the right gear at the right time.

I just wish that they hadn't skimped on the RHD conversion and left the manual gate on the wrong side ! We can take some consolation though in that many manufacturers seem to skimp on the same/similar things with their RHD versions......