C5 series 1 a/c fan location

agd123

Fellow Frogger
The queries system seems to be quite useless so I will have to ask someone. I have checked/replaced the fan control electronic unit under the dash drivers side, but the a/c fan still is not working. The next thing to check is the fan itself (brushes worn?) but where is the fan located & how do I get to it?

Regards

agd123

What sort of C5 are we talking about? Series 1, 2 or X7? Sorry I now see Series 1 in the title.

And what year, engine and transmission?

Last edited:
This is from a European first series parts list. The X7 has it on the side, but this seems to be on the back.
heater.png

2l hdi, diagram looks really useful, thanks very much for that. However it does not show me where it is in the car & particularly how to get to the fan to test/replace it. Accessed from the engine side or under the dash for instance?

Rega4rds

agd123

if we are talking about 2001 to 2004 Series 1. 1st check wiring to the fan controller as it tends to melt spade connections and wiring to the controller . also pull controller out and make sure the connectors within the green plugs are not melted.

check 40 Amp fuse in engine fuse box, its the fuse by itself closer to battery.

actual fan can be accessed by taking glove box out and reaching up to fan but can't remember if there is nuts or special release mechanism.
You need to be left handed is all i recall.

controllers and wiring is the usual culprit

replacement wiring with connectors are available from aliexpess

Found this procedure on my off-line Service Box install. Once you have the glovebox out.

c5hp168c.gif
Figure : c5hp168c
Display the image full screen
Press the fan retaining tongue ( 1) at "a".
Turn the fan ( 1) clockwise to disengage it from its retaining lugs.
Separate the fan ( 1) from its housing.
Disconnect the connector (5).
Unclip the fan wiring harness at " b".

1 is the fan that has 5 a and b on it.

Cheers, Ken

G'day Ken

Your message came through ok, found the fan assembly, but I can't print the diagrams to see where the tongue (1) is to turn the fan & extract it, any chance of you sending the diagram again in a form it will print? Sorry to be a pest.

Regards

agd123

Sorry agd,

I didn't notice that the image hadn't taken properly. I will go and fire up the Service Box PC and see if I can post it a different way.

Cheers, Ken

Hopefully this comes through better. Cheers, Ken

Blower Motor remove.PNG

Hi agd123.I had 2002 C5 V6.Bought it 2nd hand with about 60k on it.A/C fan packed it in at about 125k.Discovered it had missed a factory recall for fan.Even though well out of warranty factory still replaced it no charge.Long shot but you never know.
Cheers John.