C5 rear suspension part

Halfbrick

Fellow Frogger
Hi & good morning. We are in need of replacement Ticket tapered roller bearings. Part #75472408. Any clues as to where to get them. Cheers Dave

Oh No! Not Mephistopheles! I assume you meant Timken? Rear arms finally wearing?

Looks like either Timken or SKF is the go. Have a sticky beak here.

https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/75472408-oen

You should be able to source SKF or NTN bearings in Oz from the part number on the bearing.

Cheers, Pottsy.
Hi Potter, yes it was supposed to be Timken but bloody predictive text got me again. Cheers Dave

In C5 to 2008, the tapered bearings are the same as for CX, BX, XM, Xantia, but some of the other parts in the assembly differ. You may find you can't get the bearing cup off the long steel tube and if you have left it too long and there is severe wear, the inside of the arm may have been damaged. There are shims involved too, so it may be best to look for a repair kit instead of just the bearings, which you can match from the number on them.

I have changed a series 1 C5 a while ago, was not fun but went ok. The main problem I had as I remember was holding the piston in place while putting things back together. Put some tie wire or similar around the piston to hold it in the retracted position until it is in place & the arm is back, then cut the wire & let the piston expand properly in place, then all should be well. Took me a while to realise that was the problem initially, then all went well.

Regards

agd123

I'm not going to do the work myself ( too busy & not enough experience) The problem is getting the kits, appears that there's none in Aust. I have sent a query to "bestpartstore uk" as suggested by Pottsy but no reply yet. When searching their site there references do not show a Vin of RERHRJ which mine is. I think theirs were RERHRH. Are they the same thing? What other suppliers could I try? Cheers Dave.

I've managed to source the parts from UK & am waiting on a price to ship them to a friend of mine in Spain for onforwarding to me. As these parts are not available in Aust ( & if it's viable) does anyone want a set as well.

I thought you all might like to know the outcome of my sourcing of these parts. I sent off enquiries to a number of Citroen dealers/suppliers with mixed results which ranged from parts not available, some parts available but not all, parts available but do not ship to Australia & one reply stating that parts were available. They quoted me price per item, total price & freight to Aust. I ordered straight away & they're in my hands in just over 3 weeks. ( really happy considering it's Christmas plus Covid troubles) Also, the all up cost was 80.50 UK pounds. I really don't think you could get better than that, FYI the Co Eurocarcare Derbyshire E: parts@eurocarcare.net
Now I just have to wait 2 weeks until my mechanic can do the job Cheers Dave:dance:

Just a Note: to everyone.

As the UK is not part of the EU anymore.......shipping to an EU country then to Australia is a BAD move as you will be hit with import charges etc 2x.