C5 parts sourced from overseas

Allen

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Perth Citroen tell me I need a battery unit part No. PE-9802128980. It will take them 3-4 months for them to source it ex France. I'm sure I read somewhere on this site where it was possible to obtain parts quickly from Europe. Now can't find it. Grateful for advice.

The dealer can order it VOR at extra cost for air freight. It's the battery charge status unit and you will find it used as part of the -ve battery cable in a wreck. The part number given was used from RP 13146 (5/11/12) in manufacture and is the replacement part for earlier cars. Even an earlier C5 X7 part from would likely do the job. Same part is used in C5 X7 and C6 and probably some Pugs.

1711886830356.png

I notice that Alvadi supplies it as a Citroen sourced part. That makes it expensive. It can still be sent here, but in three weeks.

Thanks everyone. I'll pursue those suggestions. Think I'd better get a new one, one off a wreck might have the same fault that I have. There are actually 2 parts required, the one I quoted above, and a Battery Charge status unit CT-9815524580 which is available ex east coast (Sydney? Melbourne?) costing $189.47. The Battery Unit PE- 9802128980 ex France is $156.93.

There is always some excuse for why they can't use an engine part from a Pug. I guess the part number is different even though it is the same bit.

Probably why the car goes on to "Economy Mode" even though it had a new battery and always has since I bought it in 2019. The negative terminal has always sulphated up quite badly.