C5 heater box replacement

Halfbrick

Fellow Frogger
Does anyone know if the heater box in a 2006 C5 is the same as a 407? We need a good 2nd hand one. Cheers Dave

There were a couple of series 3 C5's in the local "help yourself" wreckers in Melbourne last time I looked. Maybe French Connection still have one or two also. Dave could perhaps remove and send you a complete unit when he re-opens.

That being said, check the wreckers nearer you perhaps?

If you're going to the trouble of removing the dashboard and splitting the unit, perhaps all it really needs is the deflectors replaced. As I recall the stepper motors were fine, but the lower deflector plate has possibly disappeared inside the box?

Cheers, Pottsy

I don't know if a 2006 C5 is a series 1 or series 2 but I do know that Ian Steele has at least one series 1 C5 resting at his place just north of Maleny.

Cheers, Ken

Dave's car is a series 2, it's used to be mine. (Mephistopheles)

I have a feeling that they're different between 1 and 2, but happy to be wrong for his sake.

When we had the S1 (2002) we had the same problem ie, aircon cold drivers side & hot passenger side & DS fixed it by replacing the "drive spindle" ( no idea if that is the right term) with a longer one. My French car mechanic seems to think that it's the heater box itself. Please bear in mind that I'm repeating the terminology as I remember it, I have no idea about most of these parts or their function. I was once told ( after they repaired what I had just repaired) that as a mechanic I make a bloody good tomato grower. I guess they weren't impressed with my efforts. :unsure: Given that it was a common problem with the S1 I wouldn't be surprised if it was different in the S2. The car is currently booked in for dismantling on 18 Jan & would like to stick to that if parts can be obtained. I'll contact both Steelie & Dave early next week, thanks for the advice. cheers Dave

When we had the S1 (2002) we had the same problem ie, aircon cold drivers side & hot passenger side & DS fixed it by replacing the "drive spindle" ( no idea if that is the right term) with a longer one. My French car mechanic seems to think that it's the heater box itself. Please bear in mind that I'm repeating the terminology as I remember it, I have no idea about most of these parts or their function. I was once told ( after they repaired what I had just repaired) that as a mechanic I make a bloody good tomato grower. I guess they weren't impressed with my efforts. :unsure: Given that it was a common problem with the S1 I wouldn't be surprised if it was different in the S2. The car is currently booked in for dismantling on 18 Jan & would like to stick to that if parts can be obtained. I'll contact both Steelie & Dave early next week, thanks for the advice. cheers Dave
If it's not too late for your repair needs, this wrecker in brizz has a couple of C5s but I don't know which series, I just spotted 'em as I walked past
A1 Global Auto Spares, King Avenue, Willawong Bris. Ph 1800660681. Stay Safe.