C5 2.0 HDI 2015 Sedan RT6 RNEG 2.8 Satnav/Radio

Roger McDonnell

Tadpole
Hi to all here, I recently took my car in for a service and when it was ready to pick up the RT6 RNEG 2.8 Satnav/Radio will not come to life.
It just keeps cycling over every 10-15 seconds trying to load a CD.
The fuses are good, no light up of the display, just repetitive cycling of the CD player trying to load.

I have read several write ups about this issue and most people are saying that the SD memory card needs to be upgraded from 8Gb to 16GB and download new maps (2.86) and then somehow partion these files and load onto a USB memory stick. Then boot up and download files back into the radio.
That is a monster for me to write let alone pretend I know what I am talking about.

Can anyone (ideally) in Australia help or direct me to where I can get that help please ?
I live in Brisbane.
Regards Roger.

I've replaced this SD card in my 508 with the RT6 JBL. Follow the youtube video and you'll be fine. Will need Firmware CD from Dealer ($35).

Hi to all here, I recently took my car in for a service and when it was ready to pick up the RT6 RNEG 2.8 Satnav/Radio will not come to life.
It just keeps cycling over every 10-15 seconds trying to load a CD.
The fuses are good, no light up of the display, just repetitive cycling of the CD player trying to load.

I have read several write ups about this issue and most people are saying that the SD memory card needs to be upgraded from 8Gb to 16GB and download new maps (2.86) and then somehow partion these files and load onto a USB memory stick. Then boot up and download files back into the radio.
That is a monster for me to write let alone pretend I know what I am talking about.

Can anyone (ideally) in Australia help or direct me to where I can get that help please ?
I live in Brisbane.
Regards Roger.
Hi Roger

I had the same thing happen to me recently and got no joy from any Citroen dealer. Absolutely hopeless. The fix is quite easy if you order the firmware CD from overseas. I reloaded the firmware and revved it up to version 2.8 and all working fine now. The CD costs around $50 from JBH Auto