C4 "play misty for me..."

GreenBlood

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Ok, a friend of a friend, well not really... a work colleague's mother in fact recently purchaced a C4 - not sure which model.

The guy rang me today asking if I knew of a problem with the windscreen on the C4 misting up, on the outside of the glass - apparently this is happening to such an extent on their car that they are having to use the wipers :crazy: Aircon is set to 23 degrees with only face vents open.

This is in Brisbane, we are having 30+ temperatures with a fair bit of humidity, the misted area he describes as being about 12 - 18" up from the base of the screen.

Brisbane Citroen can't look at the car until after Christmas, so firstly have any of you C4 owners experienced this and if so what was the solution??

Cheers
Chris

yeah my C4 does that too but not so that i have to use the wipers....

its cause of the air coming from the mid vent behind the lcd display ...somehow making the mist outside the glass....dont think u can fix it unless u block off the middle vent...
its not TOO big of a problem....i dont usually get it unless aircon is turned on and its raining outside

I've never had that issue, thankfully.

My C4 is running like a beaut now, the engine has really opened up.. Could use a little better fuel consumption for a 2L, but can't have everything.

Sounds like a good old temperature/humidity differential problem to me. Usually there are two ways of fixing it. One; drive with windows open, or at least partially open (A/C off of course) so the inside air temp/humidity equals the outside. Two; drive with the car sealed and the A/C on, but don't have the air directed at the screen. I suspect the A/C is on auto which will have some air flowing to the screen. Turn auto mode off and control the flow/temp manually.

Thanks for your input :wink2:

It's a strange one, I've seen misting on the inside but in our weather never on the outside. Maybe the athermic screen is a contributing factor??

I'll pass on your suggestion Simon, makes sense to me... :cool:

Cheers
Chris