C4 Grand Picasso Battery swap

The car will tell you when the eolys needs topping up. C5X7s seem to ask for it at around 170kkm.

Cheers, Ken

And the story continues.......

Last Friday we packed up Pablo for a refreshing cruise to Omeo in the high country. Plan was to stay with friends up there and have a relaxing weekend away at last. Secondary bonus was to give Pablo a long run to clear his exhausty bits after spending a long time doing short city runs.

'Twas not to be. Filled up with combustible fluid and got about 4 km away before the dreaded beeps and lights happened. "Emission Fault - Have the car repaired" and the Urea lamp.

On the phone to Regan's where I got the vibe that this was not unexpected. Booked in for the Tuesday. Pablo was returned to the driveway to sulk away the weekend while GiSelle the GS had an unexpected gallop to the mountain air.

I can report first of all that Regan's have been incredibly helpful & co-operative over this issue. Faulty tank was diagnosed and a new one ordered and fitted overnight. A loan car was provided free of charge while the new tank travelled from Sydney. Picked up Pablo yesterday and the whole job was done under warranty. (The four figure cost of the tank was disturbing, but worn by the warranty insurance provider)

I snaffled the old tank for a forensic investigation. More on that anon.

My understanding of the fault is that the dosing pump is internal to the tank and considered an integral part thereof. When I filled with Diesel, presumably, the pump would have woken up intending to deliver it's dose, but, for whatever reason was unable to do so and flagged an alarm. I guess it's clogged up, or perhaps worn out.

That makes sense to me at least. Hopefully the new setup with (I believe) a re-designed tank and pump with the vented cap as well should give no trouble for a few more years.

Time, as always, will tell. Once again a shout out to Regan's who I've found to be really helpful.

And here's a pic of the tank beside a 2CV wheel. Bloody thing is huge!

Cheers, Pottsy.

Attachments

• Urea Tank.jpg
    Urea Tank.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 91
From what I have been lead to believe, it's the circuit board within the tank that is the issue

I'll be very interested in your investigations