C4 Front seats.

AllenM

Fellow Frogger
I have been tidying up a 2006 C4 Hatch with the intention of the Grandson learning to drive on a manual. Although the front seats are OK the rear seats are beyond service and need to be replaced. I have the opportunity to purchase a full set of leather seats out of a 2010 model but the drivers seat (maybe both front seats) are electric. Can I fit them and have them operate on an independent 12v supply or can I change the seat carrier and convert them to manual.
The combined knowledge of Aussie Frogers would be appreciated. To add to my quandary I am looking at the leather seats tomorrow. Thank you guys in anticipation. Allen.

Hi Allen,

I got my circuit diagram software working. It looks like the electric seats use the BSI and the CAN busses. I doubt that you could run them stand-alone. Maybe buy all the seats to get the replacement back seat and the front passengers seat and you may be able to swop the seat cushions over on the drivers seat.

Cheers, Ken

Attachments

• Elec Seats 1.JPG
    Elec Seats 1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Elec Seats 2.JPG
    Elec Seats 2.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for that Ken. There is a new problem that had not occurred to me, with these cars being dismantled and the electrics disarmed the seats cannot be removed because the retaining bolts can't be accessed as at least two of them are covered by the seat. I think I give up.