C4 1.6 e-HDI gone into Limp Mode

Pope1964

Tadpole
Hi all

Anybody know how to get the above out of limp mode? Tried tricks on YouTube with no joy. It is throwing code P062B as per attached which cannot be erased with my Autel AP200 scan app. This occurred while trying to set the adaptive values of the injectors. Any recommendations on how to reset this?

Attachments

• 71488928-D729-4867-98EF-1F8F40F099C7.png
    71488928-D729-4867-98EF-1F8F40F099C7.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 156
You have a problem with injector number 2 depending on the year model there was a goodwill warranty extension on these that involved replacement of all injectors pipes etc replacing one injector will fix it for now but then the others will fail. What else has been done to this car.

You have a problem with injector number 2 depending on the year model there was a goodwill warranty extension on these that involved replacement of all injectors pipes etc replacing one injector will fix it for now but then the others will fail. What else has been done to this car.
You are on the money. I did replace injector 2 but it kept throwing a code error. Diesel care supplied the injector so I took it back to them and they ended up swapping it with number 3. This got rid of the code problem but it had a miss when cold and loud ticking from the injector. I researched and set up the adaptive values as per procedure and it was heaps better. There was only a very slight diesel knock during acceleration so I went back to diesel care to get them to verify the injector codes. Sadly while attempting this the technician reset an injector by using the replacement part procedure and the diesel knock came back louder then ever. They were unable to restore it so I drove home. The next day when starting cold the engine ran very rough and went into limp mode. I tried to set adaptive s again on 1 2 and 3 as it said pilot values had not been programmed but it would not perform the procedure. The P062B code cannot be erased so I am not sure if this is preventing the adaptive program from running.

Yes then the only long term solution is to replace all the injectors and update the ecu software as per the tsb it still may covered by a warranty extension

Thanks so much for tour advice. Any ideas how I go about checking the extended warranty and how difficult is it to up grade the ECU software?
Contact your local dealer and explain you have the fault code xxxx and it’s needs the tsb to replace the injectors and can they check how long the mtc went for.