C3 Pluriel

Oby. said:
This is going to sound ridiculous.,but I haven't tried the full conversion yet- or even swinging the roof cassette down. Canberra is in one of it's distinctly cold snaps at present.
ROFLMAO!!
You gotta be kidding. Not even in the garage?! I had the roof off mine within hours of taking ownership of it. Must be a Qld thing - the love of the feel of the sun in winter. Do you have sunshine in Canberra or does your heat supply come from the obvious alternative?

A tip... read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly. Take note of where they tell you to put your hands when removing the rails. Do it their way and its easy.

Another tip... If you have used the luggage hooks in the boot, make sure they are folded back flat BEFORE folding away the roof cassette. This one is not in the instructions. I discovered it the hard way. Fortunately, zero damage.

JamesII said:
ROFLMAO!!
You gotta be kidding. Not even in the garage?! I had the roof off mine within hours of taking ownership of it. Must be a Qld thing - the love of the feel of the sun in winter. Do you have sunshine in Canberra or does your heat supply come from the obvious alternative?

A tip... read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly. Take note of where they tell you to put your hands when removing the rails. Do it their way and its easy.

Another tip... If you have used the luggage hooks in the boot, make sure they are folded back flat BEFORE folding away the roof cassette. This one is not in the instructions. I discovered it the hard way. Fortunately, zero damage.
Yeah, I know it's bizzare.I promise I'll give it a go soon. Canberra sunshine this time of the year, with the windchill factor, doesn't lend itself to open top cruising.
thanks for the tips James.

Oby. said:
Yeah, I know it's bizzare.I promise I'll give it a go soon. Canberra sunshine this time of the year, with the windchill factor, doesn't lend itself to open top cruising.
thanks for the tips James.
True to my word. Went for a opentop cruise with a windchill factor of about 2 degrees Celcius. No problems with the arch removal or replacement. Lots of fun.

Oby. said:
... windchill factor of about 2 degrees Celcius... Lots of fun.
Should that be:
"L-l-l-ots o-o-of f-f-f-un"

Two degrees! Damn you are keen! It was down to 10 degrees up here over the weekend and that was enough to make me keep the top on.