C3 overseas problem

Alan S

1000+ Posts
Just spotted this in the UK.

Interesting one that someone has amswered stating that the Picasso has a similar problem caused by rubbers on the door clicking against the body.

My 2003 C3 has started "clicking" recently in the area of the B pillars on both sides of the car when driving on poor road surfaces. This seems to have started after I serviced it and jacked it up using my trolley jack, unless that is just coincidence, and maybe it's due to the ambient temperature increasing. Anyway, it never used to do it.

I understand that my car is not unique having this problem, and that "the fix" now apparently now approved by Citroen is to squirt expanding foam into the roof channels. I have gleaned this knowledge from reading another forum, but have not yet confirmed it with my local Citroen dealer.

Has anybody else had this fault, and can anybody advise how difficult it is to do the job. I am lead to believe the roof lining is dropped to facilitate access to the B pillars.

If it is the doors on the shuts, it's shades of the old Datsun 200X that was caused in their case by the padded dash against the windscreen and was fixed by using a silicone spray between the offending surfaces.

Alan S

Expanding foam into the roof channels... what a wonderful idea!

Wait for those cars to rust from the roof on out :doh:

Chris

Im not sure if I have those squeaks or not yet? Mine makes a lot of noises mainly from all the stuff im carrying in those big door panels....:D

foam in structures

The foam might not be such a silly idea. The "longerons" in GS front panels below the engine are foam filled for better rigidity and crash resistance..and GSs don't rust the front panels excessively.