FYI as viewed from bumper.

Attachments

• LHS Mount resize.jpeg
    LHS Mount resize.jpeg
    958.9 KB · Views: 17
  • RHS drivers Mount resize.jpeg
    RHS drivers Mount resize.jpeg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 17
KYB KSM 1931 looks like the correct mount for a 2006 C2. I see it's a kit and comes with the bearing. You will need to reuse the mounting nut, item 5, by the looks.
You said "I have 2006 C2 VTS and the new parts seem to have pins in different position" to what? The part already installed on the car? The correct mount should have the pin offset, as I said. In that case which is wrong? The parts previously installed or the parts you obtained?
The mounts seem to last 100-150 thousand Km. How many K's has your C2 done? If the car has done more than 200,000 could the mount have been replaced before?
All done thank you!! Like original post lost some tranny oil in process. Just have to find fill hole.

Thank you Mount on right is the one removed.From your explanation it would appear that wrong mount was fitted at some stage. re Torx. The tool used at 2:27 is not a Torx,was just wondering if they are known as something beside a star drive.
Again Thank you very much, Without using forums the internet is a bit useless. Perhaps the Bex helped. Have a good day. Viva la France.
The tool used at 2:27 is an Allen key...as I said.

All done thank you!! Like original post lost some tranny oil in process. Just have to find fill hole.
Remove the black vent on the top of the gearbox. Fill from there. There is a bung just in front/under the outer gear cover on the extreme passenger side of the gear case, on the passenger side. You will need to get an 8mm square plug key. Fill 'till oil comes out.

The mount on the passenger side is not sitting right. The control cup (item 2) should cover the hole, not sit off to one side. I bet they used the wrong shock mount on both sides.

The mount on the passenger side is not sitting right. The control cup (item 2) should cover the hole, not sit off to one side. I bet they used the wrong shock mount on both sides.
I thought I read somewhere pins go towards outside of car. Perhaps pin is in wrong location?

When I posted the DS3 document for aligning its similar suspension I didn't include the text on the next page. It is:

Insert a pin (gudgeon punch type) to immobilise the damper upper cup during the tightening of the nut (10) (at "e").
Refit :
The cup (11)
The nut (10)
The protector (9)
Remove the pin from the damper upper cup.
Engage the drive shaft in the hub carrier .

Ah I see!. The DS3 does not have a locating pin in the top of the shock mount, but it does have a hole. To paraphrase; "Install the complete shock assembly and insert a punch or dowel through the wheel arch hole and into the hole in the shock mount to prevent the mount from spinning during tightening of the retaining nut. When the nut is tight, remove the punch or dowel".

No, that's not the way to mount the front shocks on the 2003-2009-ish C2's and C3's. The pin is a permanent part of the shock mount and is not removed.
YES, the 'pin' goes in the "outside" hole. So the pin IS in the right place, BUT, is the mount damaged OR has the wrong mount been installed?
Look at the left hand and right hand 'control cup' positions on your car. If you have correctly installed the shock assembly the control cup should cover that hole and sit approximately centrally in the hole.
mount 002.jpg
This is my 2003 C3. You can see that the mounting pin is at about the "3 O'clock" position. Yours is at about the 1 O'clock position (that's because of the production difference in the model years). But note worthy is the fact that the control cup is central in the mount and you cant see the hole.

While it belies the photos, the shock mounts ARE oval and NOT round. AND fitting the wrong shock mount WILL cause suspension misalignment!

Last edited:
I'm sorry if there was confusion from the part posting of a how-to..

The DS3 suspension is similar in appearance below the top, but the C3 pin (bossage in the quote below) makes location a touch easier. The important thing is getting correct alignment.

The French C3 manual makes this point, referring to a diagram--
- Le bossage «d» permet de positionner angulairement l'élément de suspension par rapport au pivot en s'engageant dans la rainure «e». Le bossage «c» fait office de butée
(butée is an abutment or stopper to hold something) I have a C2 French manual too, but unfortunately it doesn't include an illustration.

Last edited: