BX Wagon Photo & wagon Ver Sedan

twm

Fellow Frogger
Hi all

I am looking for a decent phot of the the BX wagon, and was also wondering if anyone has any comments on the wagon vers the sedan. Since I turned mypoor little bx16trs into a steam engine, and in the process of fixing it by the way, :cry: , I also found a 19tri and a wagon of at this stage unknown quantity. Why am I thinking I am going to end up with 3 bx's. :tongue:

Anyway I have been told that the wagons are rare, but is this a good enough reason to get one, what do you reckon?

Regards
Terry

If you mean dogboys wagon this is (was ??) on ebay, apparantly it had quite a few $$$ spent on it getting it right prior to it's slugomatic dying.

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
If you mean dogboys wagon this is (was ??) on ebay, apparantly it had quite a few $$$ spent on it getting it right prior to it's slugomatic dying.

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane dont think it is/was his.

Cheers

It's a matter of what you want to use it for.
Mum had a TRi wagon from new for about 8 years, and I had the one built 2 before it for about 3 or 4 years.
They're great load carriers, being a couple of inches longer than the hatch, and without that annoying load lip. Little more weight, so performance really doesn't suffer. More headroom. They are probably noisier than the hatch as well.
Other than that, everything that is right or wrong with BXs is exactly the same for wagons.

Hi Terry,
The wagons only came out here officially for one year, 1990, and I understand there were only around 100 or so. There are at least two privat import series 1 19RD diesels about in NSW, Ive got one and another sold up near Newcastle recently. Absolutely brilliant as a load carrier and heaps more headroom for the rear passengers with the step up on the roof. I've had 3 full size pushbikes(in standard cardboard bike boxes) and 3 people with our gear for a weeks touring comfortably stowed inside, admittedly using the split fold rear seat, something the official imports dont have.
View out the rear quarters is also quite a bit better than the sedans, no blind spots from the rear pillars, always a bit of a problem with the 16V
I had a 122 TZI auto wagon almost identical to Dogboys (main difference being the last two numbers of the VIN code were swapped around) many years ago, carried quite a few bulky loads and a couple of good heavy ones with no complaints. No appreciable difference in performance, noise or economy compared to the sedans but they do notice a gusty crosswind a litttle more so.
All in all my choice is the wagon, but I may be a bit biased.
IanW

IanW said:
Hi Terry,
The wagons only came out here officially for one year, 1990, and I understand there were only around 100 or so. .......All in all my choice is the wagon, but I may be a bit biased.
IanW

Thnaks Ian, mister man sent me some photos and the wagon looks ok as wel., I have made him an offer on both the sedan and wagon. If he accepts I will end up with three, bx16trs, 19tri, 19triw.

Someone said citroens are a drug and you keep wanting more..... :D

So I might end up with a fleet. that will keep me busy. :crazy:

I will probably sell the 16 at the end of the day.

Cheers
Terry