BX 16v Welding lower wishbones ???

twm

Fellow Frogger
Heres one for you guys

What do you think of a mechanic who puts welds on the wishbones in an attempt to shrink the metal because the new bushes are apaprently loose :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

wishbone welds

Dave said:
me no comprehend :confused:

Dave

So was I :confused: :confused: :confused:

AS the story goes the lower control arm (wishbone) bushes where worn, he replaced them but the new ones were apparently a loose fit, :confused: :confused: :confused: so in order to shrink the metal to make them tight he put four welds along the outside area where the bushes press into to apaprently shrink the metal so they pressed in tight.

Now in my book to start with heat on a control arm is bad news, how the #$%^ they were a loose press in where beyond me as they dont move in the arm anyway. sounds to be more like he cracked themgetting out the old bushes and then tried to fix it, only a guess at that one but - not happy Jan :mad: mind you he did not tell me that what he was going to do either. I only found out cause the front end in now clunking on both sides and making some very wierd noises.

twm said:
Heres one for you guys

What do you think of a mechanic who puts welds on the wishbones in an attempt to shrink the metal because the new bushes are apaprently loose :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can I get you to give him my order next time you see him?

1Kg Rump

2Kgs of Beef snags

A nice roast too please if you have one in the coldroom.:joker:

Alan S:cheers:

Alan S said:
Can I get you to give him my order next time you see him?

1Kg Rump

2Kgs of Beef snags

A nice roast too please if you have one in the coldroom.:joker:

Alan S:cheers:

Hey Allan how you going?

You trying to cheer me up? maybe he can do a BBQ :joker:

DId I mention he also replaced a valve somewhere (yet to get list of work) now brake pedal is hard and needs lots of effort to stop under normal braking :confused: :confused:

twm said:
Hey Allan how you going?

You trying to cheer me up? maybe he can do a BBQ :joker:

DId I mention he also replaced a valve somewhere (yet to get list of work) now brake pedal is hard and needs lots of effort to stop under normal braking :confused: :confused:

I think this is why alan and I do as much of our own work as possible!!

Dave

Time to buy a Haymes manual, a jack & a set of lower arms ... and learn how to do it yourself. I guarantee without a doubt you can't screw it up any worse than this guy (I just can't bring myself to call him a mechanic).

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
Time to buy a Haymes manual, a jack & a set of lower arms ... and learn how to do it yourself. I guarantee without a doubt you can't screw it up any worse than this guy (I just can't bring myself to call him a mechanic).

seeya,
Shane L.

Yeah guys I agree, it went in for a clutch which I did not want to do and came out with problems it did not have, i SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.:cry: :cry: :cry:

I usually do most of my own work, instaed of going to the experts.

DoubleChevron said:

seeya,
Shane L.

BTW I have spoken to that most knowledgable gentleman who is allways helpful, namely Wongy at Artarmon who is getting some control arms for me.

He is a great guy who I can only praise, should have herd his remarks...

Yeah bit of a bloody character is Wongy; give him my regards next time you talk to him.
My guess is your boy's had a play with the "doseur valve" and if he posts parts numbers for the lower control arms, just check that they were the correct ones. I understand (folklore/urban myth) that the early BXs had a smaller pin through them than the later ones and that you can replace the early ones with the later versions but not vice versa.
If you're on ADSL and have access to a CD burner, grab a set of factory manuals here:- http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/

Bob's a mate of mine and he has helped a lot of people with them. Many times better than Haynes.

Alan S :cheers:

Alan S said:
Yeah bit of a bloody character is Wongy; give him my regards next time you talk to him.
My guess is your boy's had a play with the "doseur valve" and if he posts parts numbers for the lower control arms, just check that they were the correct ones. I understand (folklore/urban myth) that the early BXs had a smaller pin through them than the later ones and that you can replace the early ones with the later versions but not vice versa.
If you're on ADSL and have access to a CD burner, grab a set of factory manuals here:- http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/

Bob's a mate of mine and he has helped a lot of people with them. Many times better than Haynes.

Alan S :cheers:

Thnaks Alan I will check it out and pass on regards to Wongy

Well the guy said he would ring me Tuesday and arrange to sort it out, as yet heard nothing, gee what do you have to do when these guys stuff up, they are happy to your your money but and chase you for it, but if you need them bad luck.

Anyone had experience with this sort of thing or department of fair trading.

Geting progressivley pissed off - sorry