Buying S/H Peugeot 308 in Canberra?

chodaboy

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

The good wife has been looking for a car with >5 seats and has stumbled across a 2008 308 XSE wagon for sale in Canberra. We are looking for something small, cheap and not an SUV so it looks like a goer. It has a turbo and auto trans.

We live in Central Victoria so would need to arrange a pre-purchase inspection in Canberra. I've done this before with other cars interstate, usually through the relevant state's automobile association. I wasn't sure if the ACT had their own version, or if they fell under the auspices of the NRMA, but a quick Google search doesn't really show either, just a list of independent operators offering them.

Would anyone be able to recommend a particular outfit in Canberra to have this done? I'd prefer to have a check including getting the car on a hoist. The car is listed for sale in Watson so somewhere in the north would be best to keep the trip for the seller to a minimum.

Also wondering if there were is anything in particular with this model I should be looking out for? It's done approx 170,000km. I've owned Renaults in the past and have had a couple of X7 C5s in the last 10 years or so but I'm not overly intimate with the foibles/red flags of ageing Peugeots.

Thanks

NRMA use an agent, Redbook.

Dean from European Garage in Fyshwick, or Bill McNamee (canberra peugeot club mechanic, but south side) would be my bet.

Turbo petrol? Don't even bother. Diesel, should be a good car. I have a 2008 c4 1.6 diesel coming on the market once I pull my finger out and register it. If that's of any interest, also in central ish Victoria!