Brypar - has anyone used their discs?

lowpugV2

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I'm looking for alternatives to the OEM 380mm disc for the front brakes of my 308 270.

Stumbled across brypar. They are local manufacturers of discs and calipers. Apparently do a lot of motorsport. I love the idea of using local knowledge and manufacturers.

I'd even be tempted to get a smaller set of discs and calipers made up so I can run smaller wheels.

Has anyone here had experience with them?

Brypar 308 discs

Hello.

I haven't used them myself. I was going to use him to do some rotors for my Chevy Blazer actually as I have made myself a brake kit for it and I really need a 290mm rotor which is a bit of an odd ball size. A few people I know have said good things about his stuff. When I spoke to him, he gets his castings locally (somewhere in NSW) and he machines them there in Campbelltown. I deal with DBA a bit and their rotor ring stock has become embarrassing and I wouldn't be surprised if he's taken a bunch of their motorsport business...His prices are much dearer than the DBA equivalent but on par with buying an AP or Alcon rotor ring out of europe, as most of the motorsport guys would be doing.

Let us know how you go,
Charbel

I have personally not used them but the boys at Frogstomp Racing have got them on their track 308 gti 270 and swear by them. Pricey though as I believe the rotors are close to 2000 bux.

Sounds about right. The 290mm rotors without hats or hardware were $680ea. For comparison, I use a 390x36mm HSV GTS bolted two piece rotor from time to time for some AP racing kits I've done. They are $1500/pr from DBA.

Sounds about right. The 290mm rotors without hats or hardware were $680ea. For comparison, I use a 390x36mm HSV GTS bolted two piece rotor from time to time for some AP racing kits I've done. They are $1500/pr from DBA.
A standard 380mm set from Peugeot was around $1200 to $1400 or so if I remember well last time I checked

Yes, buying direct from Peugeot spare parts I had a quote in the $1400 region and a 6 month lead time.... I can buy a set in from Europe (pug1off - godspeed) but will be about $1500 landed depending on shipping charges. Tarox option closer to 2k. So if I can support local for a similar cost I will.