BRISBANE. Bougth a 207 GTi lemon.

HPFP replaced by Euroserve and she's all apples. If you're on here, Thanks Ian.
The computer diagnostic showed camshafts are out of phase so timing chain is the next on the list.
I've only driven it a few times and around 100km since I got it back a couple weeks ago, and it still goes into "shit mode" (virtually no boost) a couple of times.

Thanks again for all the advice guys and girls.

no boost recent find, the turbo housing wastegate flap gap is not fully close due to work wastegate spindle wear. I bit of work to replace the wastegate flap, maybe easier to just buy the complete housing for Aliexpress.

HPFP replaced by Euroserve and she's all apples. If you're on here, Thanks Ian.
The computer diagnostic showed camshafts are out of phase so timing chain is the next on the list.
I've only driven it a few times and around 100km since I got it back a couple weeks ago, and it still goes into "shit mode" (virtually no boost) a couple of times.

Thanks again for all the advice guys and girls.
So after all these repairs, would you say the frequency of going into shit mode has decreased?

I wonder if the ecu is faulty and how you'd check.

no boost recent find, the turbo housing wastegate flap gap is not fully close due to work wastegate spindle wear. I bit of work to replace the wastegate flap, maybe easier to just buy the complete housing for Aliexpress.
No boost directly related to something with the ECU because, although it's random and somewhat frequent, it's fixed with erasing codes (even though there are none on the OBDII) and then the rest of the journey is trouble free.

So after all these repairs, would you say the frequency of going into shit mode has decreased?

I have only driven it once a week since and its happened a couple of times so I can't really determine. I was really hoping its gone.
Now that [almost] everything is fixed, I will start a new post and get all your opinions on what it may be as i havent mentioned it.
Hint: slow revving in neutral.

Drove it now for over 1,000km and the frequency of shit mode has lessened and the consistency has been stop start driving when it happens. I drove virtually non stop 100km each way there and back one night and it was fine.