Boost Controller on a 407 Twin Turbo Diesel

Alron400

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi Guys, This is my first post and I'm trying to attach a Photo of my new toy here with you guy's? I'm repairing a Twin Turbo 407 2.7L and it is unlike any of my other Turbo's that I have!!!! The thing I have learned is that it has solenoids, just not as I'm used to, so I was hoping that one of you may have a "Line Diagram of the Vacuum lines "off this Boost Solenoid? No one from Peugeot can tell me about it at all!!! _ Alan

Hi Alron welcome.
You have posted a technical question in the General Chat area which people go to for amusement and general BS reading. Possibly you might get more or better answers if you look further down to the other forum areas like the Peugeot Forum or the Technical & Performance :cool: as it is likely more people with the knowledge will read it there. Supplying a vin number or more car model details, year, will help to get the right information.

If you go down the bottom of your post to a box Report and click on it you can then ask the forum moderator to move it if you wanted it to go to another area. ;) or just write another post where you think it might be best.

With the picture you do need to reduce the size of the file to say 100 to get it accepted. So use you phone editor to reduce it or put it into your computer picture program and reduce its size. Some people send it by email to themselves and it gets reduced automatically then use that picture file.
Good luck Jaahn

Last edited:
Hi Guys, This is my first post and I'm trying to attach a Photo of my new toy here with you guy's? I'm repairing a Twin Turbo 407 2.7L and it is unlike any of my other Turbo's that I have!!!! The thing I have learned is that it has solenoids, just not as I'm used to, so I was hoping that one of you may have a "Line Diagram of the Vacuum lines "off this Boost Solenoid? No one from Peugeot can tell me about it at all!!! _ Alan
Hi. The engine turbos are VNT and have stepper motor controlled boost regulators attached to each turbo.

Hi. The engine turbos are VNT and have stepper motor controlled boost regulators attached to each turbo.
Hi Sj B, Yes I understand that the Twin Turbo's are Electrically Controlled. My background is for 45 years on Australian cars (my Daily is a Ford Fairlane 2003 G220 powered) and for the last 23 years I have been into Nissan's (as such I have 2 of 300Zx Turbo's with one highly modified by myself). I am used to "Controlling Turbo with Air operated Systems, so all of this Peugeot Control systems are very new to me and given that " Air Solenoid " I'm talking about only controls 2 off Cylinder Head operated actuators (one to each bank of Cylinders), I'm a bit lost at what is going on with these motors? The 407 HDI is not supported as I'm used to with all of my other cars (my play thing is a "V word" Turbo Wagon that I picked up just a few years ago). All of my other interests have Full Manual Details on line, but it is not the same by Peugeot that I'm aware of, but I'm hoping that this forum will help? Regards, Alan.

Do you mean the swirl vane actuators? One on each bank with a vacuum capsule and rod. Jaguar have a kit for these, but Citroen/Peugeot do not.
1700371273385.png

1700371516016.png

French language, but this explains these parts and the vacuum lines to operate them.
https://citroen.c5x7.fr/v6-hdi-dt17-poumon-swirl

If you've not already found it, this is a handy alternative to the factory parts system:
https://catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang=en

Hi David S,

You are a legend, you got it in one go and supplied a "Parts Avenue as well".

Now can you tell me what they do ???

Alan.

Hi David S,

You are a legend, you got it in one go and supplied a "Parts Avenue as well".

Now can you tell me what they do ???

Alan.
Hi David,

No need for the operational details as the web site that you sent me "Told me everything "

Thanks Mate.

Alan.

It's to do with emission control. If you need this kit, try JagDaim or other Melbourne Jag parts suppliers, or a local Jaguar dealer. EAI might also carry it.

David S,

Thanks for that information, I was thinking about Jaguar as a possible alternative.

Regards, Alan.