Blown R10

Damien Gardner

1000+ Posts
I have a rather potent R16 powered 69'R10 with a toyota Soarer Super charger,fitted with a 350 Holley Carb sitting on top, it puts out 113hp at wheels with 30 deg of advance at 5000rpm running on Avgas. Otherwise the engine is dead standard, at this stage.The car is used for Sprints, Hillclimbs & Autocross.
If you would like more info just ask.
By the way Great site
I'm a member of Renault car club vic.
And Kyneton car club (central vic)

[This message has been edited by Damien Gardner (edited 04 February 2001).]

that sounds wicked !!! Ive just popped across from the peugeot forum. Im interested to find out how you put the thing together ! Ive just started prepping for a turbo on my peugeot 405. A supercharger might be another way !

The conversion used a s/ch from a Toyota soarer, the only real modification was fitting the centre from the Renault crank pully into the Toyota blower drive pulley. this and the flanges for the blower & manifold attachment point were the only bits i didn't do myself. I must add that this car is not for road use it's delivering 113 hp at 5000 rpm with 30 deg advance

Thanks for the reply Damien. The supercharger you mention is in plentiful supply here in or deregulated market !
I'll have to have a look at one tomorow.

Cheers.

Daniel "James"

there's lots of info on net for the blower do a search for MR2 with diagrams for setting up with car computers etc. by-pass valves & so on
i'm not using a by-pass valve & boost is 10.5 lb at 5000 rpm the toyota uses an 8 lb by-pass.
the soarer blower is slightly bigger in the ports as it supplies a 2lt where as the MR2 is only 1.6 lt