Blocked PCV valve?

Natters,
It depends on where the gasket is blown, from what Nick has described, it is likely blowing into the oil gallery, i think it's a combination of several faults each masking the other.

Nick,
I have a selection of used but working leads, if you don't still have your old ones.
cheers!

Well I've got my car back from my mechanic.

He said the engine has lost a little compression, but it is fairly even so I shouldn't worry about it. Apparently my cooling system isn't pressurised as therre is a leak in the radiator's neck. He also said my radiator is looking pretty worn so I should think about getting a newer one.

He did a full tune up replacing plugs, etc. Engine is really smooth, although it still doesn't rev cleanly in the same rev range as before. He said I should do the valve clearances. Would this have any impact?

thats odd,

I've always seen doing the tappet's as part of a tune up ?

????

Ben

Ahhh yes Ray,

Oh well all I can say is I'm glad my mechanic does it as part of a tune up :)

Cheers

I chatted to him on the phone today and he thinks my pretty crap carby is to blame. Last time within two months the mixure had become really lean (he mentioned that it should normally be '2', and when he looked at it yesterday it was '0.3' whatever that means).

I've got a spare to get reco'd, so I'll do that.