Best courier to use Uk to Oz ? Who do you use ?

jr20516v

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I have a largish parcel to come here and my usual Parcel2go couriers wont accept it as it is a few cms out of their limit. Ironically it weighs only 7kgs.

Anybody had a good price recently ?

Although I hate DHL for several reasons I am now aware that they have certain advantages.
Problem these days is customs and duty. I've been having a few of my old guitars sent for repairs with breakages, one from Russia, one from USA and one from NZ. The first from USA they wanted to charge me duty though it was clearly marked for repair and return.Went through a lot of rigmarole and finally got it for only a $220 fee . This was DHL.
From Russia with love cost about $800 being declared low so quarantine got their dirty little fingers in the pie and weeks after receiving it I got a second bill for storage. DHL could have avoided this as well as the trip to Brisbane to collect it.
So the guy from NZ is bringing his in person. Much more betterer.
I'd say Fedex is probably on a par with DHL or slightly better. I didn't like lack of security on the loading dock at DHL facilities last time I sent with them and ended up driving to their main centre , 3 hours away , to make sure it was well cared for.

But what really shits me is the new tax on every import which makes it so much harder for the little bloke. Thanks Malcolm.

Yes i agree it can be a minefield.

"But what really shits me is the new tax on every import which makes it so much harder for the little bloke. "
You can thank Gerry for that.....who ironically has just sold seven Gold Coast units he owned. Its tough being rich :}

We give" thanks" to Gerry everytime we need something from overseas. Pity his new horse doesn't attract a tax.