Berlingo Wiring Diagrams

Beastofbieritz

Tadpole
Hi Guys: I have a 2005 Berlingo 2.0 HDi which is dead. It says there is a Permanent fault 'No communications on the network CAN' and then ECU Locked. I suspect a broken wire either on the network or a loss of power supply to the ECUs. Does anybody have the wiring diagrams for this vehicle or even the plug pin outs? Before I bury the car?

It was common for the scuttle plenum area on Berlingo of that era to flood when the drainage became blocked. There's a connector block that can be drowned and corrode as a result. Sometimes the Comm unit then loses connection to the BSI and the vehicles goes to backup mode with headlights on and wiper's intermittent. Worth eliminating at least, as is checking the engine ECU socket pins for any damage.

It was common for the scuttle plenum area on Berlingo of that era to flood when the drainage became blocked. There's a connector block that can be drowned and corrode as a result. Sometimes the Comm unit then loses connection to the BSI and the vehicles goes to backup mode with headlights on and wiper's intermittent. Worth eliminating at least, as is checking the engine ECU socket pins for any damage.
Where exactly do you mean? I have the BIS unit out and although there is a little corrosion on some of the pulgs, nothing on the unit itself. This is a connector block in the plenum accessible under the bonnet? The engine ECU pins are clean and undamaged.

Below the windscreen. Check the wiring that runs across that area and make sure rainwater can drain away freely.