Berlingo M59 Wiring Diagram for Fan cooling

Thanks ozVTR It seems that the speed sensor is between the driveshafts on this model .. the dealer says he has received a replacement sensor so I'll let him put it in ,, the engine bay is pretty clean and coolant looks normal but I don't think it will hurt to do a flush and replace when I do an oil change soon. I don't think the temp actually changed on the highway to be honest .. with local running I was using the manual fan bypass a lot but figured on the freeway at 100 there was enough airflow thru the radiator to keep it cool .. I think locally at low speeds I was simply overcooling the system. At 100 on the freeway it never got to the low speed kick in point and the temp was pretty static. Overall the van is is nice shape I got it at 128000kms and it's currently at 132000

Thanks to all ..I have run the van for a week or two and not touched the over-ride fan switch and never overheated at all .. on a hot day the slow fan still comes in with lots of traffic with the gauge indicating 110 degrees which is maybe real temp of 95 at most .. on the highway it sits between 90 and 100 (indicated on my over reading gauge) so is actually closer to only 80. I need to get a cheap laptop to recalibrate the gauge unless some in Perth has the software package as I'm sure it will only take a short while to get the gauge closer to the correct reading!! Anyone in Perth area with the LEXIA software???

Here are the "laws" used to determine the displayed values of the fuel and temp. The first lot are from the BSI for fuel. The last is from the dash for temp. I don't know what the difference between "dynamic" and "static" laws are!? The C3 has a 6 segment display, I don't know what the laws for an analogue display would be, but it should be easy enough to figure out.

Attachments

• BSIfuellaw.jpg
    BSIfuellaw.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 114
  • dynamic1.jpg
    dynamic1.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 111
  • dynamic2 (1).jpg
    dynamic2 (1).jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 107
  • static1.jpg
    static1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 102
  • ststic2.jpg
    ststic2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 115
  • dashlaw.jpg
    dashlaw.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 105
Hmm looking at the dash display laws, that doesn't look right at all!! The second segment comes on at 20'C???? What happened to the first segment? The last segment comes on before its even warmed up?
The dash display and LEXIA appear to show the correct engine coolant temperature. Bizarre!

Thanks but yes very strange indeed ... My temp seems pretty consistent and on normal days it hovers between an indicated 90 and 100 (so still assuming my gauge is over reading by around 15 degrees based on the fact that the slow fan comes in and out when the gauge reads 110) so is a "real" temp of around 85 sound about right. Today it was a stinker and close to 40 at lunchtime and it actually got to the fan kick in point but then dropped again on the highway!

Hi softweigh, did you solve the speedo/odo issue? I have a Berlingo M59, also manufactured 2007 and registered 2009. My mechanic told me apparently due to the GFC a lot of imports sat in the docks waiting to get to Australia or something like that, which might explain the gap. I also have the speedo/odo dropout issue. I've tried a number of mechanics, instrument guys, even the official service agent in my area. So far, no luck. I just read it could be a grounding issue and maybe a few loose connections, something as simple as that so going to give that a try.