Battle of the Pugs!

ntrx

Fellow Frogger
I dropped off my fiance to TAFE this morning, and being in a moderately testy mood I was giving the GTi6 a fair blat down Parramatta Rd (Glebe, towards Stanmore) at every set of lights.

I look in the rearview, and there's nothing for 200 metres... when all of a sudden a metallic light green Pug 504 starts gaining on me! :)

The feisty blonde in this 504 then pulls up next to me at the lights, and was riding the clutch back and forth for the whole duration. She crept out 2 metres into the intersection before it went green! eek!

I thought "Righty-Ho! I will show her the man I truly am and unleash my mighty Lion!" and toasted her just for the fun of it (considering I was a grumpy little bugger earlier this morning..)

But no, the Battle of the Pugs did not end there!

She refused to be defeated, and did the drive-by at 80kph! I insisted for a while, doing little squirts in 3rd from 60-80kph, my lion roaring with induction noise and an exhaust leak! But her Lion was more determined than mine, and she remained flat to the floor to at least 90kph!

Psycho Chick!

Watch out!

She's probably in Orange by now!

Any other French/French race stories, silly (like this one) or serious?

Cheers,
Adrian

Last week I was mucking around in the GTi6 with a 205GTi. It was good fun. We were in pretty heavy traffic, but had fun egging each other on when we could. tongue

I had a 206 GTi vs 206 GTi.. no one was going anywhere too far though.... evil lol.... just 2 ppl being stupid and wasting petrol... although left a lot of loud civics behind chasing the tail lights they didnt get a chance to see for very long... evil evil evil evil :D :D :D

I had another one on Friday night - was running quite late to see a band play at the Beach Road hotel, so was zooming and darting about in the traffic.

I'd been playing with a dark grey series 2 205gti which I spotted around Fox Studios, and was nearby him all through Centennial Park then up Oxford St.

When he was behind, I think he noticed my consistent speed through roundabouts! :)

I managed to get pole position at the start of the Bondi Junction expressway, and he stopped right behind me...

The lights went green, and I went hell for leather up to 90kph and backed off (80 zone) and I have a feeling he wasn't really trying, as he was way behind, however eventually shot past at I estimate around 120kph! :)

To my delight, he kept on zooming at the turn off, with quite a lead on me (I wasn't speeding..)

As he was going in the same general direction, I wanted to keep up and have some fun. When I started taking corners at higher speeds than he was to narrow his lead, my fiance started screaming and it was time to back off!

Damn it!

Enjoyable, never the less!

If only we could disconnect those damn passenger seat brakes.... wink :rolleyes: tongue

It's like they think us Pug drivers can crash or something :p

My folks are in town at the moment and I lined up their white 406HDi with another silver one at the Pacific Hwy/Mowbray Rd lights the other night. Peugeot would have been proud - a great ploom of smoke behind followed by a white and silver streak racing past one of their prime dealerships!

Not the quickest sprinters around but an eye opener to say the least......we both had a good laugh.

Have tried to 'egg-on' some 205GTi's in the past in 'safer' areas but none have joined me.....oh well, will save it for the race track.