AxGT

KenW Jnr

Fellow Frogger
Hey guys, i know this is the peugoet forum , but since there isnt a citroen performance forum , i might as well ask it here. I have a 91 AX GT, which is like a 106, with a 1.4l fuel injected motor - it kicks as it is, but i want a little more from it, what do you guys suggest?

Put a Pug 1.9 litre in it
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hi Guys,

I'd go a BX16valve motor myself
smile.gif
Not the gutless little Pug motor.
smile.gif
smile.gif

seeya,

Shane Leviston

Have a look at some UK sites (not sure which ones). Modded AXs are common as muck over there and they do some crazy things to them.

Beautiful car the AX GT. I drove one new about 8 years ago and I was amazed how quick is was, how good it sounded, the incredible stability for a 700kg car. Lovely ... strange they didn't sell more here. Very common car in the UK.

what about a 106 gti motor, the 1.6 16v version, i know they've been fitted into a 205 XS before, well there have been 2 done so far.

i'm not sure if this is true or not but isnt the bx16v wiring all one colour whereas the mi16 wiring is coloured making it easier to distinguish wiring?

Andreas

Thanks for all the input guys - ive joined one of the UK AX mailing list and found out that you can get just about anything for them, such as 6 speed gearboxes with ZF LSDs
smile.gif
- but the main prob is the aussie dollar being so rooted - kinda kills most of the ideas - and as a uni student, im not rolling in it ,so for the time being - im just enjoying it how it is