Auto wipers

DUG!

Tadpole
Tadpole
Is there a way to make the Peugeot and Citroen auto wipers automatically turn on?

the stalk is always in the auto position but I have to flick the stalk down to initiate the wipers every time I start the car and its raining.
I have noticed the same behaviour on a 407, 307 and a c5x7.

aha ! our Latitude must think it's a Cit, it's started the above behaviour recently.... it used to fire up on it's own, but now needs a kick start if it's wet when you start the car. But then again, if it's running in manual mode and the rain stops or you drive under the carport it stops wiping as well... too clever by 'half, or is the froggie electricks....
Bob

Is there a way to make the Peugeot and Citroen auto wipers automatically turn on?

the stalk is always in the auto position but I have to flick the stalk down to initiate the wipers every time I start the car and its raining.
I have noticed the same behaviour on a 407, 307 and a c5x7.
I wondered that as well when I had a 206 as on my 306 wipers the would start automatically if the stalk was left in auto, but the sensor was then more prone to failure as the sensing light was always on.
On the 206 I would pull the stalk very briefly to activate the washer motor and that would apply power to the sensing light in the rain sensor until key off.

Thanks guys.
I suspected as much.
oh well, not the biggest issue.

on a side note,
the Auto wipers on my Mazda 6 Luxury sport work well.

What would be better is if they weren't so sensitive, a bird can fly over head and the wipers kick in on a relatively dry screen
Rambo, I don’t know why you haven’t figured this out.

The car is so smart that when it senses a bird overhead, it’s expecting the bird to poop on the windscreen.

The car is simply doing you a favour by being prepared!

(Sorry for coming to this so late.)

You should feel better knowing that even old Pugs of 2006 have better auto wiper operation than the latest Tesla's! Auto wipers is a VERY contentious issue in Tesla forums. 😂

I love the auto wiper function of my 307, quirks and all.