Aut. Gearbox -CX Prestige

Citrolero

Fellow Frogger
Hi people, long time no see :tongue:
Well. I finally decided to fix the garbox of the Prestige (after 3 years :blackeye: ) and I've pulled out the radiators, fans, and everything, BUT, I'm stuck in the driveshafts. I'm working in the long one and I've unbolted the intermediary bearing...didn't come out and i used the hammer and same results...So, how do I get this things out?
Thanks again for you replies :joker:

Citrolero, good day to you, sunny chilean, all normal assie froggers are asleep, you only left with crazy me to hello to you, how is your poogoo running? Any more citroens in your collection. How many babies have you? Do you use ethanol in your petrol?

Are you well and happy?

Good luck with the prestige.

Hopefully Shane will reply to your questions soon, I know nothing of Citroens.

ed ge

Hi Citrello,

have you loosened the driveshaft carrier bearing bolts and rotated them. the haeds on those bolts grab the bearing and need to be rotated out of the way.

I've just done this job on my car. Hopefully this link will help you (it's not finished yet, I've just uploaded it for you).

clutch change

The driveshaft carrier bearing bolts:
c20.jpg

I've heard of the driveshaft carrier bearing getting stuck on Xantias in the UK (it grows into place with corrosion). If the bolts are NOT holding the bearing you'll need to get under the car and hit the bearing with a hammer/chisel to shock it free.

seeya,
Shane L.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies :D
Finally the bastard is out (YEAH!!)...about the driveshaft, i had to left the inner side of the left one in (it didn't want to come out so...LOL).
Now I have to separate the gearbox and blabalbla, then send the gearbox to resurrection :mad:
My poogoo...running badly but runs...paint is falling apart, starts in 3 cyls, etc..etc...I think it's the carby but who knows, I'm concentrated in the Prestige :evil:
No new babies...the last one was the CX GTi S-1 that's still there waiting for a new AEI...How many babies...mmmm...1-2-...7 CX's and the 504 (entertaiment forever ...). No ethanol used by me...
well and happy...I'm sure I'm well but...happy...I don't think so...have to paint 4 cars, get 3 motors out (TRS want a new clutch, GTi S-2 want a new gearbox...Yellow Pallas wants a new syncro...) and well, work to do :joker:

Hey Citrolero,

it is good that you are so wealthy and a fully trained mechanic and panel beater and spray painter then. You lucky fellow.

I bet your wife loves Citroen as well!

ed ge