Aussiefrogs/Peugeot Car Club Melbourne drive day

peujohn

pur-john, not pew-john!
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Howdy all

I have had a couple of conversations with a Peugeot Car Club Victoria committee member about running a joint social event. PCCV would like to attract more younger people to the club; and I would like to get drive days happening again, as we did years ago. My idea is to meet & greet, kick tyres, drive, stop for coffee and more chat, then drive to the Shepparton Motor Museum, go through it, and have lunch. Some great driving roads would be used.

The idea is that such an event would be backed by PCCV thus using the club's insurance etc.

Who would be interested?

Any thoughts from the AF top frogs?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

A brilliant idea.... a shame I'm not around to join. We really need to liven up the pug scene in Victoria. Ozrenault guys have it going. So should we

I think it's a great idea. I'm in central vic and would join drives coming out this way. Especially love to see the older pugs out [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

For young (under 35) people 5 minutes on Youtube is a full length feature film.
Car clubs are not their thing
Older Pugs, no performance, no interest, sorry.
If they are into cars, what does Peugeot have to to match a Volkswagen Type R
Will be hard to get new "younger"members into Pugs

With that criticism, the obvious choice is for YOU to become involved and be the catalyst for change within the PCCV. :cheers:

As someone involved in a car club for 8 years, on the committee for 5 years, owns 2 205’s, and under 35 years old, maybe the generalisation is not as accurate as you think.

Back on topic, great idea. pending schedule clashes I hope to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm under 35.....

Same! 205 race car, 205 road car, stupid citroen xantia, another 205, 406 Hdi and 405 Mi16!

Reason most young blokes stay away from clubs are people like Driven attend them! Imagine a conversation down that road...

I'm 44 and my attitude to cars hasn't changed since I was "35"... and since I got my first classic when I got my licence. The only thing temporarily slowing me down at the moment was the start of a new family.
One thing that had in the past deterred me from attending club meets was the old attitudes of the car clubs (not the PCCV) one was a club in Adelaide when I was living there and another was a club here in melb, both didn't do a good job of welcoming new younger members. Once I can I'll be attending PCCV events definitely.

I'm not able to do the big drive to Shep, but if you are planning to assemble somewhere and have a quick coffee before you get going I'd be keen to rock up for the start and say hi.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be talking to the social secretary in PCCV and will report back.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk