aussiefrogs.com is 2 years old!!!

gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
aussiefrogs hit the web back in late January 2000 with "Froggy Forum" starting up in early March - so nearly to the day.

I tried to dig up the very first post but it appears to have disintigrated, probably due to board upgrades over the time.

In the early days old members will remember things were a little slow with new posts & members.
The first milestone of 100 members took some time.

We now get on average 258 unique visitors (by IP address) per day to aussiefrogs & not just aussie but worldwide.

There are approx 46 members who visit & contributed on at least a weekly basis.

Thanks to all who have made it happen so far. Certainately made it all worthwhile :)

Let's look forward to the next 2 & more years & see if we can't get this place going ballistic :D

Regards,
gibgib :cool:

Three cheers for Gibgib and his magnificent love child, more affectionately known as Aussiefrogs.

"Hip Hip ..... HORRAY"
"Hip Hip ..... HORRAY"
"Hip Hip ..... HORRAY"

A BIG Congratulations to GibGib for providing such an invaluable tool and medium to collect and pass on information...........your work (and others) is very much appreciated.

Here is to many more 'web-birthdays'!

Keep on 'Aussi-Froging' and Puggin'

Stu G :D :eek: :eek: :D

gibgib,

I can still remember the first message on the Australian Citroen Bulletin Board announcing the setting up of aussiefrogs.com
I went to it and the names that stick in my mind were yours naturally, phasis, andreas, murat and james (formerly of NZ) nick watson & chipper.
It was to an outsider originally a predominately Pug site frequented by the more petrol headed type of owner rather than the Francophile, however as time has gone on, the 'ophiles have infiltrated and now we seem to have a good mix of enthusiasts :rolleyes: , hot footers :p , technical teds ;) , lady owners :D , the odd cranky old ba$+@rd :eek: as well as owners with just a general interest in their cars & associated problems :confused: (just the kind of people I like associating with ;)
Great work gibgib, the easier signing up was the shot in the arm the site needed as I know from experience, early days was a drama to sign up to, but once sorted, the sky has been the limit. Here's to many more years of successful operation. :cool:

Alan S

This is fantastic news. This website is great. At some stage i will submit my car photos. Im still not sure if you have to pay to become a member or not??

But this site is invaluable for tech tips performance info, and help with the french 3.Keep up the good work.

Yes Dan, send me $129.95 and I will gladly sign you up and add send your photos on to Gibgib. :)

Naughty Brad (Phasis) :p ;)

Membership is only the cost of your contribution to the site, with that you are entitled to a free yes FREE aussiefrogs sticker to proudly identify you as a complete froggy nutter :D :rolleyes: :D email a pic of your pride and joy, and maybe a few pics of your car to gibgib@aussiefrogs.com and your life will change forever ;)

Cheers
Chris

Congrats gibgib.

The service these forums provide and the infomation that has come up as a result, is invaluable.

It is excellent that such a diverse range of people can use the forums and all get pleasure from using them.

I too remember seeing an ad for aussiefrogs.com and was wondering if it will survive. Looks like it is here for the long term now =)

That said, if you ever need funds for upgrades etc, i notice that some other forums I use have a Paypal system where you can contribute money to the developement of the forums. I think it is an excellent idea and if the payment is an easy transaction, you may be surprised with the results. I am willing to chip in $15-20 on a voluntary basis, if it is easy (I am a slacker). I reckon others will do the same as well.

=)

Brendan

[ 10 March 2002: Message edited by: macquered ]</p>

macquered, I think it was you who gave me some pointers early on about too many forums (topics), which I took heed of & paid off.. so thanks for that!

There's no need for any payment from users at all. It doesn't cost very much to run - really!
In the next few days I will be emailling current advertisers with advertising plans & that the grace period ceases on the 1st of April as we need to get the board proper registration.
<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/ad.html" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/ad.html</a>