Aussie Frogs Club Plates?

acf321

Fellow Frogger
Hi Folks,

I now find myself in the possession of at least one Pug over 30 (and one approaching) and so am looking to put the car on Club Plates. To that point, can anyone tell me if Aussie Frogs is a registered club for the purposes of club plates, or do users of this forum use the Peugeot Car Club in their respective States? If Aussie Frogs does facilitate Club Plates, can anyone point me in the direction of the appropriate person to speak to?

Many thanks,

Adam

As David said, Peugeot Car Club of NSW facilitates club plates for eligible vehicles here.
Renault Car Club of Australia (who despite their name are nsw based) would be another alternative if you chose not to go with PCC. I’m not sure if Citroen allow other makes on their books. I was previously a club registrar for RCCA, so know the process well.

Otherwise you could investigate regional clubs - eg Pittwater Motoring enthusiasts club if you lived on the northern beaches just as an example.

Thanks Dave and KB, this is as I thought it might be, however I wanted to be certain before moving ahead.

Cheers,

Adam

To be eligible to have club plates (and in particular the two versions of 60 day logbook trials), the club has to be registered with the RTA.

With a bit of searching on the RTA website, you should be able to download an up to date Excel spreadsheet with a listing of all the eligible clubs in NSW and make your choice from there.

A little bit more complex with the modified vehicle trial (CVS scheme), in addition to above; the club needs to be members of the CMC and in turn ACMC but unless your vehicles are extensively modified this shouldn't apply to you. Both PCC and RCCA are eligible for all three versions of club plates (HCRS; HVS, CVS).

HVS (60 day logbook for non-modified cars) would be the most obvious choice for you in my opinion based on the limited info on the cars that you've provided.

KB,

Many thanks.... for my two cents worth, modifying a perfect mint vintage Peugeot is heresy in my biased opinion, hence the 60 day version would be great, and leave me with about 58 days spare use a year!

Adam

Just for reference, the CVS scheme for "non standard" vehicles is also a 60 day log book system.

KB,

Many thanks.... for my two cents worth, modifying a perfect mint vintage Peugeot is heresy in my biased opinion, hence the 60 day version would be great, and leave me with about 58 days spare use a year!

Adam

You can't think much of the car if you are only going to drive it for two days?

In Victoria, Vic Roads requirements are that you must be a financial member of a bona fide car club.
It's a pity that the system has been abused as now, your application must be accompanied with a RWC.
Depending on the club, VicRoads don't care what club you are with, up to the snobbery of the club you are with.
John

In NSW, it is up to the club how they administer inspection and eligibility. You could ask six different clubs and get six different answers.

In the case of RCCA, we determine the historic eligibility, and ask you to get a pink slip to accompany your application for club plates (HCRS and HVS) - once you’re already a financial member. The exception is CVS, where the ACMC ask for a blue slip (and engineering cert if it is that highly modified). Again, not relevant in the case of the OP as he stated his is unmodified.

The Peugeot Car Club of NSW inc can approve you for historic or cvs plates when you have been a member for at least 6 mths

Go the PCCNSW route.

To answer your question re CCCNSW - it only permits Citroen models owned by its members to participate in the scheme.