Audio system upgrade

As I was looking for some information on a slightly different topic on here, I came across a post from @dmccurtayne in December 2020.

You said that you have fitted a Smeg CarPlay to an early C5.

I've done a bit of a search for Smeg CarPlay online, and I have found instructions for "Carplay installation tutorial on Peugeot 308". But I can't seem to find anything about what the smeg unit is, or what it was originally fitted to. Once I know that, then I can start a search for where a used/reco unit might be for sale.

I know that I don't always get the best results with my searches, so please excuse me if you come up with hundreds of results when I haven't found anything. I don't seem to think of the correct keywords that search engines like!

I know that this thread was originally for Yankee Aussie and their 3008, but I wouldn't mind the same upgrade for my 307, if possible.

A Smeg unit is the one in cars like early 308 and c4 Picasso. Really late c5s and ds3s had CarPlay and I got my hands on a radio and made it work with an early 208 screen and custom harness. But for a 307 why the hell would you not just fit a double din CarPlay unit they are literally everywhere and cost nothing

As I was looking for some information on a slightly different topic on here, I came across a post from @dmccurtayne in December 2020.

You said that you have fitted a Smeg CarPlay to an early C5.

I've done a bit of a search for Smeg CarPlay online, and I have found instructions for "Carplay installation tutorial on Peugeot 308". But I can't seem to find anything about what the smeg unit is, or what it was originally fitted to. Once I know that, then I can start a search for where a used/reco unit might be for sale.

I know that I don't always get the best results with my searches, so please excuse me if you come up with hundreds of results when I haven't found anything. I don't seem to think of the correct keywords that search engines like!

I know that this thread was originally for Yankee Aussie and their 3008, but I wouldn't mind the same upgrade for my 307, if possible.

A Smeg unit is the one in cars like early 308 and c4 Picasso. Really late c5s and ds3s had CarPlay and I got my hands on a radio and made it work with an early 208 screen and custom harness. But for a 307 why the hell would you not just fit a double din CarPlay unit they are literally everywhere and cost nothing
Thanks for your reply and for the information.

Why?

Because I’d rather keep the look of the car the same as a PSA car, as much as possible.

Because I’ve had no end of trouble with getting aftermarket audio units to work properly with the steering wheel controls - and stay working.

That’s the first two. I can probably think of more.