Ateco

Breitie

Fellow Frogger
Received a nice letter from Renault Australia informing me that the distribution of Renault vehicles has been taken over
by Ateco and all my personal information has been transferred over to them.
What does that mean for the brand I wonder?

Ask the Cit owners. Ateco, then ruined by Sime Darby, then utterly demolished by Inchcape.

I'm hoping they'll remove the camouflage from the Renault dealer on Scarborough Beach Road in Perth so that people can actually know they are there and even buy cars from them......

I missed this thread first go and posted 'the news' anew.

> What does that mean for the brand I wonder?
> Ask the Cit owners

I had a Citroen BX then a C4 and ATECO was somewhat south of terrible; customer support was grudging and only to the letter of their legal liability. It does not bode well.

I spoke to Waverly Renault about it this morning. They said it'll be business as usual, Renault parts pack up was useless and they expect the same.
As for new cars, he remembers back in the 80's when LNC took over and you could get any model Renault you wanted as long as it was a red Fuego.

David,
Walk outside Waverley Renault turn right and the big building between you and the BMW dealership apparently is the parts warehouse for Vic.

The most successful model of the Renault group in France is the Dacia Sandero. Dacia also make the lowest priced full electric on the UK market. Doesn't seem interest in importing them to Aus.

The most successful model of the Renault group in France is the Dacia Sandero. Dacia also make the lowest priced full electric on the UK market. Doesn't seem interest in importing them to Aus.
They dont meet your beloved ADRs ;) If only Australia didnt have special rules for just us huh?

They dont meet your beloved ADRs ;) If only Australia didnt have special rules for just us huh?
Could be brought to ADR as easily as any of the euros currently imported. Can't help yourself can you, always putting shit on our country. Don't let us detain you.

That's amusing that the most successful Renault isn't a Renault.

But we've known for years that Australia is Europes dumping ground. What ever they don't want they send here.

In all honesty if a country isn't willing to keep up with international developments why bother having our own rules. I am all for having minimum standards but when chinese utes without ABS were allowed to be sold well beyond an acceptable timeframe it makes you wonder what new technologies we also miss out on because of our antiquated and slow local regs

In all honesty if a country isn't willing to keep up with international developments why bother having our own rules. I am all for having minimum standards but when chinese utes without ABS were allowed to be sold well beyond an acceptable timeframe it makes you wonder what new technologies we also miss out on because of our antiquated and slow local regs

Tesla Semi for one...

Or our antiquated and slow rail system.......which if replaced by something more efficient and much faster would allow the mass introduction of local rigid electric trucks instead of highway semi trailers!

Or our antiquated and slow rail system.......which if replaced by something more efficient and much faster would allow the mass introduction of local rigid electric trucks instead of highway semi trailers!
still drives me insane driving along the Hume dodging all the coked up B doubles - while there is an empty train line running alongside the freeway...

How good would it be to drive out to Yass, drive onto the car carrying high speed train and sit at the bar for a few hours to Melbourne, and drive away at the end....

Our antiquated rail system is quite the opposite, and the Main South rail line is far from empty - it moves huge quantities of goods as well as bulk loads like wheat and minerals every day. Even Melbourne is a major goods destination. The number of lorries is hugely reduced. If you look at the long streams of rail containers you will see the truckers' trademarks - Toll, Linfox, etc. Containers not on the roads. Even Sydney's garbage goes by train (to Tarago)!

Most traffic passes through NSW. There's a new line being built to connect Melbourne to Brisbane directly. That's major expenditure, then you can add on the Sydney developments.

This is a long way from C5 cars. The new car bodywork is a touch vulgar for my taste, ie "styled" but it looks on the money in many ways.