Asking for technical help / advise

I knew Yong good for my mi16 bits that I couldn’t get second hand I was an apprentice with a Euro car 🤦*♂️ I think I even got a master cylinder for my Reno 20 from him.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Yong's young apprentice, Martin, now runs EAI at Thornleigh. He also has the PSA part numbers embedded in his brain.

A carpark lot of the same basic shape can potentially have a dozen or more engine/gearbox combinations e.g. C4 or 308.

I took video at that CX anniversary event at Cataract Dam years ago (2009) and in the line up of CXs there was all or nearly all of the engines, gearboxes and body types.

O for Yong Wong of Auto France, who knew what you needed, never looked at a computer, and always knew where on the shelves to find it. It will be a while before we find another parts man like him.

Shelf - or drawer in the front desk. Oh you want a Y piece for a BX LHM tank breather pipe [opens draw] "there ya go" [tap tap tap zzzzt zzzt ztt - invoice]

I want a oil filter for a peugeot hatchback

Sounds like a fair swap

Dear the people/the internet,

Stop being like you are.

Love,
The internet

BORING! :rolleyes:

Yong's young apprentice, Martin, now runs EAI at Thornleigh. He also has the PSA part numbers embedded in his brain.

But quite rightly will insist on a VIN everytime. I have to be extra careful now with two C5 X7s.

I to have part numbers embedded trying real hard to format the hard drive but computer says no

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Yong's front drawer was where he put the stuff which some exotic divination had told him you would come in for. If not the thing must have been like an iceberg with only the top showing.

There was a guy Jack at Winterbottoms here in WA that was like your Mr Wong, but for British car parts. You'd walk in with the old part in your hand and he'd tell you what it was before you spoke, and cite the part number as he walked off to the correct box on the shelf to retrieve the new one. He'd even know obscure BMC Special Tuning parts numbers and regional variations. And he wore funky nylon pants.

Once a pon a time that was all true. You could ring up and ask for a set of front pads and an oil filter for a 504 and they would be on the counter quicker than you could get your wallet out.

But a 206 has something like 7 different types of pads so when they say it's a 2005 206 it means nothing to us.

Even then they don't know what they drive. I had a guy in here yesterday looking for a radio for a 207cc so I showed him everything we had and it was none of them so I got his VIN and it's a bloody 206cc
Stupid thing is, I took him past a 206cc to show him a 207 and he still didn't notice that his car looked like that.

What hope do we have?

That’s the worst thing basically heaps of cars from 05 to 2011 have the same single din radio but manages to pick the one that is wrong.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

That’s the worst thing basically heaps of cars from 05 to 2011 have the same single din radio but manages to pick the one that is wrong.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Yep, everytime.