? asbestos in 1983 Citroen GSA

Possibly mid '90s.

If you are trying to import a car, I'd suggest it only takes a couple of hours to remove the brake pads and clutch plate.
You could then ship without them, or replace them with new parts which are readily available.

i should imagine that a car that was able to be driven would be less expensive to ship ,and if the car is O S someone would have to be paid to remove or replace parts, and that person would have to certify that these parts had been removed /replaced with parts that comply .PUGS

While the main pads at front are a five second job to remove, they, and the clutch, are likely so oil impregnated as to be unrecognisable as asbestos

Interestingly a business selling GS / GSA parts in Germany says Citroen stopped using asbestos in those parts in the late 70s. I thought this was a bit early but they obviously have a vested interest in sellling me asbestos free replacement parts.

Interestingly a business selling GS / GSA parts in Germany says Citroen stopped using asbestos in those parts in the late 70s. I thought this was a bit early but they obviously have a vested interest in sellling me asbestos free replacement parts.
Screenshot from French car forum UK

Attachments

• Asbestos.pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 139
If the asbestos issue, relates to importing cars – the year availability of asbestos parts doesn’t seem to factor in, given that any parts of any age may have been fitted, to almost any car.

I have imported several cars since the zero-tolerance on asbestos has been enforced (January 2017), and have experienced a wide variety of responses, from dismantling the car at customs - to disinterest.

The last time I imported a car, they didn’t request to view the dossier of documents I’d prepared for the broker. I’m left to conclude that a variety of factors may contribute to the Australian Border Force assessment, which may include age of car, condition, loading port etc.

Plenty of documents will always be a good investment though.

If it's just a parts enquiry...I've struggled to get even datasheets from reputable international parts manufacturers, identifying that their pads or clutches don't contain asbestos (the last was Delphie)

Regards,
Rhys