Anyone wanna swap ??

Alan S

1000+ Posts
I have a 1985 Ford Spectron XLT 8 seater limited edition MPV which I use as an everyday mode of Transport. It has done 235,000 klms, has had 2 owners (including yours truly; I've owned since 1995), recently had a new water pump & timing belt fitted. It also has had a custom made tailshaft which has "greaseable universals" & has had the front suspension rebushed. Body is totally rust free with the exception of the surround above the sunroof. The gold velour interior is faultless & the paintwork good & original. Mechanically it is good & has an oil change every 4 - 5K klms & a new filter every 8 - 10K klms.
Only fault which will require work in the foreseeable future is that the radiator will require cleaning or replacement; apart from that it is faultless.
Genuine reasons for disposal.
I have an 88 year old mother who I take shopping etc & she has problems getting in & out of it & I was injured in a work accident a few years ago & am presently having problems with a dislocated hip, so me & geriatric mother cut a mean sight getting in & out. (Looks like an SAS exercise gone wrong)
Have placed a genuine conservative value on it of $4500 as is (no rego, RWC & all the associated bu!!$#!+) & am looking to replace with something Froggy of the same value & under the same terms of sale (ie) honest description & price & in as is condition.
As these things normally sell fairly easily, I think it is a chance for someone wanting to dispose of a CX, BX, AX, 505 etc to offload what can be difficult to shift with something more "mainstream friendly"
I am not interested in anything auto but may consider a C-matic if the car was good enough. Anyone interested can contact me at

alans@start.com.au

BTW I am in Queensland, but I have bought 2 cars in the last 12 months in Sydney.

Alan S

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by James:
I have a toyota corolla 1300 station wagon, 390000 ks. Howz a direct swap ?
Thanx 4 the offer but the boat already has an anchor.

Alan S